Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods without a tune.

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
attachment.php

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
I think I worked out the picture upload thing. This is the wagon.

attachment.php

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
This is the only thing I could find on egay that wasn't an otr. Is this what you were talking about PRI4TE?
Thanks for your help fellas.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=171393616879

Not that one, that's a cheaper expression of a RotoFab CAI (RotoFab are bloody good but around $500 now), I meant simply a smooth tube that fits without the fruit of the stock Helmholtz chambers:

m6nO2WyXU7vQOX9yb-n6ekA.jpg

The pipe is called Yella Terra Yt6000M (MAF type).

Yella Terra YT6000M HI Flow VE V8 Comm Intake P IPE W Maff | eBay

Gets rid of the ugly, baffled intake tube yet wont draw attention during an emissions inspection. Installs in between the throttle body and your stock MAF sensor. Very easy installation. Comes with good clamps and the vacuum hose that is needed. Built very sturdy. Apparently you notice a throatier intake sound compared to the oem tube and perhaps crisper response.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Sorry to ask a question in your question, but pir4te those things you mentioned be good for a vf wagon?

And that intake pipe you mention, I have not seen one on eBay?

Yes mate, the tube is slip-on replacement but no quantifiable advantage to power just nice induction really, and looks good.
Replacing the stock mid muffler with straight through 2.5" pipes from cat flange then x-pipe is brilliant I find. 1800RPM drone and AFM noise is cured 100% with stock rear silencers, but so is 90% of the noise.
So you hear a roar when you out your foot down past 3000, not wallowing under cruise. Difference to an aftermarket is that it is really quiet at idle and lower RPM. So if you want to make some stationery noise or burble around the joint this won't suit.
I mean so quiet you can't tell it's not stock, and I have 32" long tube Tri-y headers opening to 3 1/2" extended megaphones and tuned resi chamber incorporating high flow cats... you only hear the growl when you feel the grunt, basically.
In short I swapped the stock mid section catback with 2.5" stainless to hit a Magnaflow 2.5" x-pipe at a calculated position (wavelength) that delivers max torque.
Stock axle back silencers work a treat, but I couldn't help being a hoon and upgraded to HSV bi-modals (same deal as stock closed, allow a satisfactory degree of mischief open). Have a video if you're interested.

Last edited:

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
Ive heard very mixed reports on an OTR being fine without a Tune - even with the retention of the MAF Sensor. Some throw codes, some dont. Ive seen both so proceed with caution.

VCM doesn't throw codes, works well and sounds good. (Y)

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
VCM doesn't throw codes, works well and sounds good. (Y)

As I said in my post. Some do, some do not. Its very hit and miss. Do not say they do not do it with absolute certainty.

Ive personally see a VCM OTR with the MAF sensor retained throw codes about a week into having it on.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
As I said in my post. Some do, some do not. Its very hit and miss. Do not say they do not do it with absolute certainty.

Ive personally see a VCM OTR with the MAF sensor retained throw codes about a week into having it on.

That's weird as, I've had mine for like 4 months with no problems.