Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods??

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
HFV6 can take twin turbo
Given Saab (not to mention Opel Insignia) were doing so with the 2.8L version of that engine for a few years, you’d have to be able to get close to a mix-and-match turbo conversion with an assortment of various used parts?

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Hey chur,

It's education time. How to make the most from your beast.

chur

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Commodore sv6
Hey chur,

It's education time. How to make the most from your beast.
I'm taking any advice atm bro , need my baby to sound good and have a lil boost , any ideas

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Plenty of knowledge on here.

Need to ask for more info.

Not from me though, sorry.:(

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I'm taking any advice atm bro , need my baby to sound good and have a lil boost , any ideas
There’s a speed shop in Bris something like a Goat brand that does a simple twin turbo kit but reduces ground clearance.
The Vortex kits are popular in the US, best to search Camaro forums for the LFX supercharger kits. Cost is around $10k.
Mace (sponsor) do cams proven to 240 rwkw, good start but there is more left in tuning the VVT.

chur

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Commodore sv6
There’s a speed shop in Bris something like a Goat brand that does a simple twin turbo kit but reduces ground clearance.
The Vortex kits are popular in the US, best to search Camaro forums for the LFX supercharger kits. Cost is around $10k.
Mace (sponsor) do cams proven to 240 rwkw, good start but there is more left in tuning the VVT.[/QUOTE
Yo I've seen that GOAT brand they look aight but atm might just go with cams and that for now till I research for more turbo setups
Chur bro

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yeah SIDI and turbo are potentially good partners but at 11.5 static and really late intake close fully advanced, is a sucker for cams swap and VVT remap to lift the curve earlier and hold it longer.
I’m 13.5 static 0821 LS heads with VVT and no probs getting good power 2k-6k, but SIDI has potential for much more NA. Like 15 static and I think it was 7500 redline.
Actually that’s a good project idea!

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Yeah SIDI and turbo are potentially good partners but at 11.5 static and really late intake close fully advanced, is a sucker for cams swap and VVT remap to lift the curve earlier and hold it longer.
Hey Monstar,

You do know that I don't know what your talking about.

How about a little more info(typing) for the less edumacated. So we can learn as life moves along.;)

chur

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Commodore sv6
Hey Monstar,

You do know that I don't know what your talking about.

How about a little more info(typing) for the less edumacated. So we can learn as life moves along.;)
Agreed bro

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Okay with LFX it seems the ability to impact volumetric flow modding the intake and exhaust manifold is fruitless. Cams, springs and timing chain are ****, made to hit the emissions targets and be pleasant to drive in a safe bandwidth.
However SIDI heads (combustion) are brilliant, and the stock direct injection is phenomenal, good past 500 flywheel horsepower on e85 for which the e67a computer has all the tables ready to rock.
So with a shitty cheap example LFX with stretched timing chain you do the usual per Gen IV V8 with VVT: Lift the lids port the exh a bit, shave 0.030” to raise compression to 13:1, cam(s) swap, better valve control via springs, and remap the cam events and overlap in the tune.
The effect would give SIDI a huge programmable VTEC boost with turbo-like BMEP and massive horsepower.
Using e85 the manifolds will not impede performance, huge potential naturally aspirated.