Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

money

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol because according to most kids in year 12 uni is pointless :p what a good future this country is looking forward to

Most kids with this attitude are pointless, can we shoot them now and save ourselves the heartache? lol

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
hello if anyone has any knowledge on getting extra money please share your tips/tricks on doing it because i dont get much money and im wondering what to do about it eg getting bigger tax returns.

how do you get bigger tax returns because im looking for my aunty to get bigger tax returns

There are no secrets. It is about discipline and education. Your weekly earnings does make a difference but unless you have the discipline side organized you can earn $3k a week and still be broke.

The best way is to learn as much as you can about the subject - the business section of your library will be a good start. (It's free too!)

A few tips:
Get a 2nd job. Make pizzas, wash cars, anything. It all helps
Save 10% of everything you make. What this means is the moment you get your pay packet transfer 10% (or more) into a high interest cash management account that you cannot easily withdraw from. Be disciplined about it. That means every pay the money goes there.
Work out your bills - rent, rego, insurance, utilities etc as a weekly cost. Put that amount (round it up to the next $10) into another account that you can *ONLY* use for those bills. That way you should always have money to pay the regular bills.
Buy your weekly food/etc on pay day. Wherever possible buy in bulk and look for the generic brands from the supermarket.
What is left is yours - this is your leisure money.
When your savings account gets around $10k or more look at putting it into a managed share fund that will be somewhat more tax effective as an investment. You still must pour your 10% or more per week into it. The only thing you are allowed to do with this money is to either re-invest it in a mainstream investment (ostrich farms and olive farms don't count) or to use it as a deposit for your house at which point your 10% goes into paying that off (on top of the minimum payment that comes out of your "bills" budget).

This is only a very brief and by no means comprehensive guide but it gets you on the way. Keep reading as much as you can, think about what you are reading and follow those tips. Before long you will be so far in front of everybody else you won't believe it. Your income level is actually the least important element in the whole scheme of things.

Reaper

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Most kids with this attitude are pointless, can we shoot them now and save ourselves the heartache? lol

gladly. i dont see why people cant go to uni and survive on a part time job. will pay off in the long run

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Only way to get more money is to get off your ass and work for it, simple.
Bigger tax returns?, i get good returns because i work away from home alot so i have expenses but doing so means i spend time away from my wife and kids.
I would rather have a smaller tax return....;)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
lol because according to most kids in year 12 uni is pointless :p what a good future this country is looking forward to
depending on what career you want to go into.

i wish i didnt even do year 11 and 12 and went out and got an apprenticship in the building industry. for me, those 2 years were a waste of time.

i have the attitude of 'uni is pointless' but only for my situation. i still earn a decent pay, i have skills and i have a job which i am able to do anywhere in the country.

but hey, uni and if it is important or not is a whole different thread.. so lets not get started on it here. we are all trying to help mr simpson screw..er, take advantage of.. the system

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Im not going to uni, im not even doing year 11 and 12. Iv seen too many people do the whole VCE thing and end up at the local safeway then tell me that it wasnt worth it. I also have been told that uni isnt great either and I know a person in their 30's and still in debt from fees. This is my last year at year 10, then next year I want to look into a course at tafe and do an apprenticeship. For the area I live in, I see this as a better option.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
This thread is pointless. Talk to a professional, get yourself educated.

There is no such thing as quick money unless its gambling or illegal stuff, you have to work for it and also control your budget.

If you are 15 years old then stop worrying about money and worry about your education.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Im not going to uni, im not even doing year 11 and 12. Iv seen too many people do the whole VCE thing and end up at the local safeway then tell me that it wasnt worth it. I also have been told that uni isnt great either and I know a person in their 30's and still in debt from fees. This is my last year at year 10, then next year I want to look into a course at tafe and do an apprenticeship. For the area I live in, I see this as a better option.

Thats because people don't do their homework before going to uni.

If you want to go to uni, pick something that you are interesting in AND has good financial prospects.

I spent 8 years at uni. I took a 2 year break after I finished my four year Bachelors before going back and doing a PhD. Economically rewarding? During uni not at all, but now? I am salaried (almost 6 figures) plus I consult on the side as well for up to $1700 a day.

When I finish with my current employer, I am setting up my own consultancy in approx 10 years time. Hello to $400k a year.

Not bad for uni huh?

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
Thats because people don't do their homework before going to uni.

If you want to go to uni, pick something that you are interesting in AND has good financial prospects.

I spent 8 years at uni. I took a 2 year break after I finished my four year Bachelors before going back and doing a PhD. Economically rewarding? During uni not at all, but now? I am salaried (almost 6 figures) plus I consult on the side as well for up to $1700 a day.

When I finish with my current employer, I am setting up my own consultancy in approx 10 years time. Hello to $400k a year.

Not bad for uni huh?

Can I ask what you do? And what you studied?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Take it from a guy who has employed a lot of people. Make sure you at least get your VCE. Uni is not for everybody but your choices are very limited without a HSC. Unfortunately you probably appreciate how much until it is too late.

Reaper