Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

monitor

1trkmnd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN s s2 and MY12 sv6 ute
fitting a new montior in the roof of my car, the interior light on the montior needs a constant and a switched power supply(door activated), the swithched is already there of course. just wondering where the best place to tap the constant supply would be??

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
There SHOULD be a constant power source there already....but if not :S run a new one straight from the battery and don't forget to put a fuse in it.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
do all models have a constant there?..... oh arnt the doors negitively switched on commodores? meaning the positive feed for the interior light is always on?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
It should have a constant feed of (+) 12Volts, then when the door opens, it switches are an earth completing the circuit.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Ok, I've reread...The only thing I can think of....the "switched" power supply you need, isn't the doors but in fact an accessories feed, get that frum under the dash near the fuse box somewhere.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
maybe i was unclear. i thought there was something diffferent about commdores interior lights. like that most things the positive wire is conencted when the door opens, but on the commy the neg wire completes when the door is open, meaning the wire to teh int light is always on positive.
like i said i may be misled!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VLV8VIC I know exactly what you meant. What I was saying that perhaps the author of the post has got his wires crossed? (pardon the pun) and is confusing different terms with wires....if you get what I mean....I'm not sure that I do....forgive me, I'm from Colac.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
ohhhh im just so confused! but i get what you mean, dont worry bout being from colac i could talk chinese with a drunk monkey so i think i can understand you....