Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

monster tacho

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
well i have a 3 3/4 inch one with a shift light, sorta needed one since my car didnt have a standard one and i oculdnt find a cheap new cluster cause if i was gonna get a new cluster i would have gone a calais trip comp lcd cluster

Jaym

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Berlina
s0sage said:
sooo .. you need a light to tell you when to change gear?

ok

NO
Do you need to be a wanker or is it to get ya post count nice and high??????
i didn't ask for smart ass comments, i simply asked if i could see how other tacho's as i don't like the way mines sitting

V

vg_ute

can you hook up a shift light to the standard tacho in the cluster??

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
You need a 10,000 rpm tacho for a vn rev limiter to kick in at 5,500 rpm?? Strange,
Whatever floats your boat.

WaynoVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VN V6 5 Speed
Geez..you Monster Tacho Nazi's are a touchy bunch. The guy only asked for some pics..I'm sure some VN drivers have them so post up a pic. If you don't personally like them then don't open this thread.

Talk about fun police..sheesh

V

VN_circleworker

lol taco's are illegal if the top sits higher than the dash, and most vn's are auto, so what u need a hige taco and shift light for.

V

vg_ute

so can you hook one up?? i dont get ya VnPheonixS ??? how would ya go about doin dat?

philipbtaylor

VN Exec V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec V6
s0sage said:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

@ monster tachos

what possible purpose does it serve over and above the regular tacho???

So monsters can drive your car.. geez... :hit:

GrubSport

I just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec S2
Above head unit

My mate had a VS with a 5" monster Tacho. He had it mount just above the head unit (pointing up and towards head height, obviously). I don't think he did it himself, pretty sure he got a bracket made up for him. Think it was about $80 off the top of my head. I could get you some pics but it mat take some time.

P.S. I'm don't like monsters that much either, but I do have a nice 3" mounted in the same position as yours. As for the rest of you blokes, lay off, each to his own.

R

rattattack1313

Settle down , everybody..........don't want Airstrike to drag the Bannn stick in here, do you???????........ as far as I knew, it was only illegal if the light in it was bright enough, and in the right place(on the dash) to be seen from following vehicles ,etc.... they say light sources that are see-able are a no-no...........same as wiper lights, valve cap lights , etc etc..........