Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moo I want Leather! :)

andyman4444

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Station Wagon 1987
Hey everyone! Havn't posted for a while i will be putting pics up soon!! well maybe...
I have a 1987 Vl Wagon!
I posted before with fuel consumption but i now am going alright! $40 gets me about 350km but thats without me pushing it and i drive like a granny! when i drive normally i get about 250 to 300km which isnt too bad when my friend with a toyota corolla v6 2000 model gets 410km from a 65L tank! haha loser! and i always win against it haha:p
I live in the shire and the wagon is brown you may have seen me around if you are from that area, note look for a ladies sticker on the back window :p

I am now in a full time job and seeing that i have only just finished year 12 im doing alright!:drink:

So my question to you all...
I really want to make my car nice... so im going to start with the inside and im looking at it as a 5 year project and the includes replacing the engine with a new v6 or something later as well as turning it into a manual, i have one mechanic :wave: "Scott" who works at Taren Point i will post later with all his details his a really excellent guy!

If anyone wants to give me some prices on doing the interior of my car with leather i.e. seats and give any ideas on doing the rest of the car dash would be fibreglass, i would really like prices on doing this kinda thing :):wave:
Thanks heaps
From AnDy

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
if you are after a bodykit try Fibresports. they are at Taren Point. They supply SSV. you'll save a fortune. the walkingshaw front bar looks hot on a wagon. new carpet inside will make all the difference too. you can get moulded ones pretty cheap. tinted windows and a calais interior, or custom door trim, and the car would look hot.

andyman4444

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah that sounds really good!! how much would the front bar cost?? cause i would like to go for the calisis front as well with the flippy lights (and if ur wondering if its cause of the flippy lights.... yes it is!)
I am really looking for prices on these things so i can manage a budget to get these things done in the next 5 years im hoping to get the inside done this year.
I would like the tinted windows too!!

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
the calais lights go for around $1500, but your best bet would be to buy a wrecked calais and take the lights off it and anythign else you want, prob cheaper than buygin the lights alone.
new moulded carpet sounds great!
front bar is probably $500 but not sure, and thats unpainted but dont go by that because its only a guess

andyman4444

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i like these ideas
Defintly thinking of buying a wrecked calais not that i want any of you guys going and writing off your beautiful cars!!
Moulded carpet would be sweet! Its supposed to look pretty nice too so that will be something to look into!!
The other thing i need to find out is you know that plastic **** on the roof of the car well mine is starting to come off :( so im thinking of replacing it, not sure what with, maybe i will do fibreglass and colour it. but i have never used fibreglass before, if someone knows how maybe they can give me some details of how much it would cost to fibreglass the dash and the roof and stuff! *drools* ooo fibreglass
Also anyone know how much it costs to re-do the seats with leather?
Thanks keep up the info its awesome!

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
the front bar is only a few hundred bucks at the most. you should be able to get the bar, and painted and fitted for less than 500. thats only if you go to fibresports. then take the bar to local panel beater. you have 3 options of carpet too. loop pile, plush pile and super plush. station wagons have the rear wheel arch covers available too in carpet. the walkingshaw bar looks good on standard vl, not sure how it looks on calais. group A looks good on calais set up but i still prefer the walkingshaw on a standard front on a wagon, they look sh*t hot. IMO

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
go to the last page of the VL pics and check out Petrol Heads VL. it'll give you an idea of a calais front with Group A bar. Group A is cheap. I got mine for less than 200 from memory. then 200 to paint and fit. they screw onto the original bar. i think the walky's are one piece replacing the existing bar and incorporating the grill so will most likely be dearer. if you have a mate in the idustry to order it for you you'll only pay trade either way. if you pay cash they won't charge you GST.