Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More Power

T

TheWhiteWagon

G'day all I'm new to this forum so i wanted to pose a question. I'm looking for more power from my Vn V6 wagon... here are my specs atm:

2.5" cat back lukey exhaust
stock cat
stock engine
Pacemaker extractors
K&N POD
V8 Break booster

Now i've cleaner IAC and throttle body and reset the ECU so it's running nice...but. I now want more guts...I'd likea 14 sec Vn actually or as close as i can get. I don't really want to spend any more than another 2.5 grand. Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe a stage 2 cam with stage 3 heads and a custom chip - it's going for a little over 2 grand..then i have to add mechanic instalation costs. Well - any advice would be awesome. Thanks -

TheWhiteWagon (Tristan)

T

TheWhiteWagon

BTW i found that come are making a stroker kit for V6...$2500 so I'm thinking this might be a very nice option..but still...any opinions would be appreciated

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
how good is your engine, if in fairly good condition, you could bolt a super charger, or even turbo onto it for that, as long as you leave it low boost, you shouldn't have any problems! and would easily be into the 14's

sharpeidog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec
Yep, the supercharger/turbo option is not a bad idea. I have a CRS supercharger on a S1 VN and it gives it a nice kick. Toying with the idea of an intercooler now, but may be a bit too tricky to fit for what it's worth. Been meaning to post a question about intercoolers too. But I would suggest tricking the auto up a bit (stage 2) and beefing the brakes up a bit i.e. VT discs and calipers, and then at least a 1" master cylinder (even better, do the VT booster and master cylinder upgrade as well, but be wary of any insurance implications!). The stock VN brakes are not up to high speed braking manouevres, they tend to fade a little.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
TheWhiteWagon said:
BTW i found that come are making a stroker kit for V6...$2500 so I'm thinking this might be a very nice option..but still...any opinions would be appreciated

On the come website, it says "Holden Ecotec V6 4.2 litre Stroker kits available soon"......so i don't think you can get it for your car.....unless im missing something...