Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moron shattered my cars side window.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I reckon they should do everyone the courtesy of knocking on doors and telling people they're about to cut the grass before they start. That way people can move their cars if they want to. I'd be suggesting that to Council/Housing as well...

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Tough luck mate, something that would solve the problem in the future would be to cut your own grass like the rest of us have to.

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
Julie, these blokes are so stupid they still do it even if it doesn't need doing. I can cut my grass on the Sunday, & they'll come along the next day & do it again. :rolleyes:

I'm usually not home on a Monday when they come, but I just happened to be this week unfortunately. :bang:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
They have alot of brains don't they.

I've got gripes with the guy that delivers the paper at 3-4am in the morning. The guy comes flying up and down the street, speeding like a trooper. And on more then one ocassion I've been awake, to hear a thud as the paper smashing into my brothers cars door or window. I ran out there one night to catch him on the way back, stood there with the paper, was tempted to throw it at his car but I shook my head and called him an idiot. Hopefully that was enough.

Haven't heard him since but no doubt he still does it.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
The bloke who owns the carwash cafe I go to has a couple of times had to go out and physically stop the council guys from mowing his nature strip.

Apparantley they damaged a customer's Monaro once and they kick up heaps of dust all over his freshly washed cars - I swear those guys have NO RESPECT! (and no idea!). :ranting:

He tells me he'd rather mow it himself before or after business hours. But they still insist on doing it every week! It's actually pretty funny watching him go off at them :yeah:

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
If you know they are there then move it.Why should i you ask,so you dont get your windows smashed.I do this for a living and you can only whipper snip one way as it only spins one direction.There is no way of stopping **** getting thrown up.I treat other peoples car in the same manner as i would my own,with respect.If i feel the car could be damaged i will try and find the owner so it can be moved.Our business has been running since 1971 and im aware of only two windows being broken.To do the job without anything being thrown up is impossible.
Im sorry your window has been broken but the only thing the guy did wrong was not informing you.

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
I wasn't going to reply to this again, but decided I would to show you these blokes have no brains.

Well if you do this for a living adam69, I bet you don't put the spinning head of your machine into a garden bed full of stones. As for moving the car, I can only do that in time if I hear them doing my lawn.

Here's how stupid they are!

I had the window replaced 4 weeks ago. Last Monday week, I packed the dog in the car to take her out to the leash free park in the next town while they were cutting the grass. I pulled out of the carport just as they arrived. They were about 20 minutes earlier than usual.

Yesterday, just as I was putting the seatbelt harness on the dog to take her over to the next town for a run around, they turned up about an hour earlier that normal, & didn't bother with the mower. All they did was use the whipper snipper to cut down the tall weeds in everyones front yards. They didn't bother to knock on the door to tell me they were there either! I heard him start the machine, went to the side gate to see what the noise was, & there he was. Cutting the tops off the weeds with the machine head directing everything towards the car.

Now Adam, you can't tell me it was my fault because I didn't move the car! I was just about to, but they came an hour earlier than they usually do. AND YOU WONDER WHY I GET SO BLOODY ANNOYED WITH THEM!

And I'm just about to start writing a letter to The Housing Commission to tell them to never do my lawn again.

nsladden

GET UTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Holden VP Ute S 5.0L & 1989 Holden VN 5sp Wag
Cutting the tops off the weeds with the machine head directing everything towards the car.
They dont care, as long as they get their pay packet at the end of the week their happy.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
I do this for a living and you can only whipper snip one way as it only spins one direction.There is no way of stopping **** getting thrown up.

LOL have you ever thought of turnin around so instead of **** flying towards a car you face it off to the road instead or vise versa?
i've done a bit of wipper snipping in my time it's not rocket science to get the crap to fly another way:thumbsup:

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Heeno,i was stating what the machine does NOT what i do moron.I treat other peoples property with respect and im not condoning the actions of the workers in question.I have seen plenty of ********s using the machines the wrong way and all they are doing is risking serious injury to themselves.Im sure in your 20 or so years on this planet you must have plenty of expertise in this area.I was doing this since before you were born.