Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mortal Combat Banned in Australia

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
PS3's are region free AFAIK. So they arent restricted to Region 4 or i think PAL games (which I believe is what Australia is) media like movies etc. So you can just buy it off an online store in another country.

With Xbox you have to find a game that matches your region code. Which typically is the UK.

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
PS3's are region free AFAIK. So they arent restricted to Region 4 or i think PAL games (which I believe is what Australia is) media like movies etc. So you can just buy it off an online store in another country.

With Xbox you have to find a game that matches your region code. Which typically is the UK.

ah okay sweet cheers man! haha will be importing this then.

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Techincally PS3 isnt region free. Most blu ray movies are region locked, all games are region free though. (With the exception being stranglehold)

As for the classification, the next SCAG meeting is in march so hopefully they'll impose R18 for games :/

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
the only problem with importing is that the save files are locked to that region.

example is my mate imported assassins creed brotherhood and i borrowed it for a bit before buying my own copy which i got from EB games and i had to start all over again because of the different region

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
ahh mortal kombat.. brings back memories of a lost youth and fortune spent in arcades trying to master it!!

i wonder how many members here can remember when it first hit the arcades back in the day???

Hahaha hell yeah. Didn't get into the third one, but I spent a fortune on the first two.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I think its pathetic to ban this game when there are games that depict equally realistic violence and sex (God of war 3 you get the choice to murder a partially clothed woman with her breasts exposed who is crying out for help and also a part where you play a sex minigame to proceed through the game, I wont even get started on GTA4 lol) Australia is becoming a politically correct (when it suits the government) sissy country.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I was playing mortal kombat when i was a teen. now 34 im not grown up enough to buy it.