Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

motec fitted, now dramas with t700

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
73 HQ,VR & supercharged VS SS`s series 11
i made a huge investment and had motec engine management fitted to my blown vs ss. my auto box was fine before motec was fitted, has a shift kit and a high stall etc. when i picked my girl up she struggled to pull away in drive, when i manually shift down it will pull away. appears to have no first gear, has only 2nd and third.
spent 600 bucks at precision automatics only to be told its not an internal problem with the box, he cant tell me what the problem is exept its runnin at full line pressure.
the installer of the motec doesnt wanna know about it either, i tell you it sucks, after spending close to 6000 on the motec and it wont cold start and coughs and farts when it is running.
i believe they have wired it wrong, also i noticed about half a dozen wires have been cutt on the original ecu.
can anyone please shed some light on my dramas, im about ready to go "postal" as no one wants to know once they have your cash.
my car has gone from a nice streeter to a p.o.s.

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
that sucks man. wat did the installer say?

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
said he will see me in court!!!!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well I dont know if the motec can controll the gearbox, but I know the factory ecu would have run your car just the same and still run the auto perfectly with a $130 2 bar sensor and some free software :|

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sounds to me like the installer of the motec has not "shared" the appropriate wires between the delco and the motec. as greenfoam said the motec wont controll the auto so the delco will have to still do that, meaning some wires would have to remain hooked up to the delco for the auto box to remain functioning as per normal.
but yeah, basically id say its a wiring issue with how this dude has installed the motec.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
sounds like you should go and visit Dan at Chipmaster, he will straighten it out for you.
by the sound of it the installer has buggered it up.
and a crook tune to boot.

Rob

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
fancy that dude saying "ill see you in court"
so much for customer service.

maybe get consumer watchdogs on his ass.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
If the scumbag wont fix it lets tell the world about his expertise or lack of and hope with his attitude his business suffers dramatically.

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
i have my hands tied, the motec installer repeatedly tells me "we havent touched the gearbox!!".
i say, " well it was fine when i dropped it off and now she`s **** house, surely its your doing."
he replies, "we aint a gearbox shop so tuff".
basically ive been told stiff ****, if we **** your box its not our problem. its known in the business if anything goes wrong the customer bares all responsibility.
**** mate, i didnt fill out any indemnity forms to that effect!!
see-ya in court then, we taken plenty of guys to court and never lost...
the mother-****ers!!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
they dont need to touch the box, they've f*cked with the wiring looms when fitting the motec and have obviously screwed it up...thus your electronically controlled box is now not working as per normal.
id try taking it to someone else (like an auto elecy, etc.) and get them to sus it out, 10 bucks they find wires in the wrong place or cut, which should still be in the stock delco running the box.
then take the bill back to these f*cknuckles who intially installed it. if they wont pay it take them to small claims court with a written report from a secondary party (the auto elecy or which ever professional you take it to to get fixed) stating the problem was from a dodgy install.