Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Motor Bike

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
few years back i used to ride my mates YZF250. he end up selling it and now wants to get another bike. and i want to get one too.

anyone recommend a good bike around the 2-3 grand mark. i dont want to get a 250 cause it was bit much for me being an amature an all. but need to know the benefits of which brand and cc etc. any help would be good.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
cheap maintenance and not a handful would be a 125 two banger, either honda or yamaha. not kawasaki, never up to standard with anything in 2 strokes since the 90's IMO.

not needing rego or anything?

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
not needing rego or anything?

na mostly track or farm. cbf paying 3 regos. plus i wouldnt pull over anyways if i was on the road.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
if the 250f was a bit much a 125cc two stroke seems the goods. around the 3 grand mark gets you around 2000 ish honda cr125r or similar year yamaha yz125.

nothing much seemed to go wrong with them, i had an 03 honda cr125, as long as you're kinda handy with the spanners and don't leave things until they're absolutely stuffed it will be ace.

new piston and rings doesnt take long, i think i did mine on my cr in a bit over an hour haha.

yeah rego is death

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
2000 onwards 4 strokes will be out of that price range like above go 2 stroke 4 power n easier on the pocket if not i recommend a xr250- there bulletproof

obsessed

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 ute
I agree with getting an xr 250 especially if your learning to ride. I've got an 02 model which can be yours for 2k.

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
^^^thats a great price up for swaps???

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
go a honda 125. my neighbour had one and it was unbreakable... and he can break most things.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
leaning towards a 2 stroke 250. opinions?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
in my opinion mate, all roughly the same. i like the kx cus of the kyb suspension, its always suited me. you'll pay bit more for a yz becuase everyone thinks they're a million times better, and cr's are great but they dont make them anymore so again might pay bit more.

but if your learning to ride, i'd steer straight away from a 2stroke 250 mate, id say it'll scare you shitless on the dirt. they absolutely cain