Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

motor number 2 no oil pressure

h8dvk8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 304 vs 6 bangger on gas vs stato
Ok my money pit daily vs v8 statemen has a problem withe or its the car gods that dont want me to have a good car..

Ok I brought this car to tow my vk around but it still hasnt seen a trailer on it due to constantly letting me down..
Its a 165 v8 an ive had constant oil pressure problems ive re gasketed the motor from top to bottom due to oil leeks cleaned the oil pick up 3 times now re built the oil pump then brought a new oil pump 3 oil pressure senders an still nothing..

So on the weekend started ftlrom scrach good 185 motor with 190*** on it b4 it went in hole new gasket kit cleaned the pick up another new oil pump an still STILL NO OIL PRESSURE. ..

has this happened to any other poor bloke and they got around it?? If so plz send me your words of wisdom or some good pointers.. and no smart ass **** like burn it or dumb crap like that.. anything will b appreciated cheers

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
OK, why do you say it has no oil pressure?

Put a proper gauge on it, don't rely on the low oil warning on the dash as maybe you have faulty wiring.

The other issue is that Holden V8 engines is that they can have priming issues on first start up. Fill the oil pump with vaseline and fill the oil filter before fitting. It's a little messy but it helps to get the oil pressure up quicker.

I had a 308 that had no oil pressure after doing an oil change. Tried a new pump etc but still no go, we pulled the engine down and didn't find anything. After a quick freshen up it all went back in and had oil pressure. The only difference from memory was that we packed the pump with vaseline after the rebuild.

h8dvk8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea packed it each time I replaced or even taken it off.. theres no oil in thetop end at all

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Seems very strange that you get different engines with identical problems.

You say you freshened up both engines. Did you change the gasket for the oil pick up, sure it's bolted down securely?

h8dvk8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well after another oil pump an the 4 oil switch I have pressure but now code 19 and 33 are apearing anyone have advice on them??

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Code 19 - Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) - Stuck Open

Code 33 - MAP Sensor Signal - Voltage Too High

h8dvk8

Reaction score
Members Ride