Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

motor stall

redsnake

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 3.8
i have a vr powered by series 1 vn. engine has started to cut out on deceleration. starts again immediately. this is not consistent as it may do a couple of time a trip or go perfectly. no codes to report, only a no fault number. any one have an idea? thanx.

vamplestat

calais93
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS caprice
take out the series 1 vn engine for a start...... not a great idea haveing that setup, boys in blue will love you for it thou...

easy fix thou, stage 1 rip out series 1
stage 2 drop in ecotec...

problem solved.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
insect and maybe clean out your throttle body of any deposits or muck... could be as simple as that...

redsnake

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 3.8
ta good idea about the swap, but can't afford it on the pension. never got picked up by qld. trans when i registered it tho. i bought the engine years ago and put it in a vh but the body rusted away, so kept until i found another reasonable one a vr. the vh was the best swap ..went like hell and handled brilliantly, pity about the rust.

vamplestat

calais93
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS caprice
they do have crank ange sensors. buicks ecotecs all share that lol.... however when the CAS starts playing up. it generaly stops the car from running when its at normal temp and the car wont start until the engine cools down, your best bet if your keeping that engine would be to check your injectors, could be a dicky one there, does it feel like its missfireing at all? could also suggest maybe fuel filter could be blocked? could be alot of different things