Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Motorsport rear lip spoiler removal

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I was thinking the MSE optional large spoiler might be worth considering as the standard MSE spoiler is too small IMO. Would have obviously been simple to have bought one with the big spoiler but I couldn’t source such a car with all the bovine excrement around them being sold out.

In any case, didn’t Holden state it’s a factory fit item only? Does that imply that there are some strengthening plates behind the sheet metal bolt holes that can’t be easily retrofitted to my boot lid? Or is it just that Holden couldn’t be bothered documenting a MSE big spoiler spare parts kit?

Are the big MSE spoilers available through spare parts for something approaching reasonable $ (they were a $550 factory option)?

(Part answered by Cuda while I was typing; thanks for info. Do you have pictures of the boot lid underside?)
I'll get some for you today buddy.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
@Skylarking
Here you go. Son has my car and doesn't want to remove the cover to get the underside shots.
received_1434660690013616.jpeg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Thanks for the pic ;)
You made me dizzy trying to work out the angle the photo was taken at :p

That does look substantial with reinforcing plates around the holes and likely the underside of the boot.
Now it's obvious it's not just a couple of holes drilled into the bootlid as i've seen on other cars.

If i go down such a mod, it will be some time away but i think i'd go the other boot lid aproach, one with a spoiler already attached...
Sadly it will make it much more costly than the $550 factory option :oops: Bloody dealer games, i'll blame them :eek:

PS: curious why you have the spoiler off the car?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the pic ;)
You made me dizzy trying to work out the angle the photo was taken at :p

That does look substantial with reinforcing plates around the holes and likely the underside of the boot.
Now it's obvious it's not just a couple of holes drilled into the bootlid as i've seen on other cars.

If i go down such a mod, it will be some time away but i think i'd go the other boot lid aproach, one with a spoiler already attached...
Sadly it will make it much more costly than the $550 factory option :oops: Bloody dealer games, i'll blame them :eek:

PS: curious why you have the spoiler off the car?
Yeah lol. Me too.
It's a heavy spoiler for sure. Hence the heavier strut. Even then, it doesn't lift it as well as with the lift spoiler.
I took it off to get it resprayed in Phantom.
I actually like the look with no spoiler too. Suits the car and colour. It's more like a Calais than an SS. That was unique to the dark coloured VF1 Redlines.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Will the Hyperflow go into the lip spoiler holes directly? I thought it was made for just that circumstance.