Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mounting a single sub to a VR Boot

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
yeah, thats what I plan on doing.. either that or some good old home made brackets should do the job good enough.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
thanks harvs, im sure it could do no harm..

appreciated.

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
My previous VP SS had a12" sub mounted in my boot and I got far deeper louder bass with the sub mounted against back seat firing towards back of boot so the whole boot acts as big sub box compared with mounted in the middle of the back seats firing into cabin (huge difference).

V

VRSTATO

velcro

mate, velcro goes good. a mate has it any goes wicked! he can movve the sub when he wants and trust me the thing stays down nicely no movement at all.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
thanks for all the suggestions.
I took out the back seats the other day. scratched my head and thought of something for originality and something you won't be able to see to clearly

here's a couple of pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/tr3nt/VR Com/sound system/mounted3.jpg

The way it's mounted, is by two strong wood screws on the inside of the rubber stoppers. I've been told they will DEFINATELY hold the sub in nicely, along with 2cm thick washers (just so they can't rip the screws outta the holed).. I'm also considering making some makeshift brackets and painting them the same colour as the inside of the boot.. just so it's not obvious.
(please excuse the goddamned blur, I hate it, but the camera's batteries were dying, and yeah..)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/tr3nt/VR Com/sound system/7e591e38.jpg

I'm going to put the plastic back there so you can't see the mounting points.

R

resyo

tr3nt said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but I haven't exactly heard the best things about subs held in with velcro, all from Sound installers, all the "professionals" prefer to mount in with bolts or some description.

If theft is the motive, consider, all a thief needs to do is remove the driver from the box using the hex or phillips head screws on the side. The box doesn't have to move at all.