Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mounting Pionner Headunit into Vs Commodore

10571z

Reaction score
Hey guys i bought and headunit to put in my vs 1997. Ive put it in but cant actually secure it as its suppose to be screwed in from the sides. I cant mount the brackets of the stock head unit either as there isnt the correctly placed holes. Its a pionner headunit. Anything i can buy or any ideas how to secure it thanks!

rcnugget

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Exec
you shouldnt need to use the bracket that comes with the headunit, when you take the factory unit out that should be mounted in a metal surround, the new headunit should have ISO standard screw holes that will mount into the factory bracket .. or are these holes the ones that are missing?

maby also post the model number if that is the case as some guys around here may of had similar problem

also did you read this thread

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...-vr-vs-vq-vg-headunit-guide-56k-warning.32298

pics are long gone but the text might be of some use

10571z

Reaction score
you shouldnt need to use the bracket that comes with the headunit, when you take the factory unit out that should be mounted in a metal surround, the new headunit should have ISO standard screw holes that will mount into the factory bracket .. or are these holes the ones that are missing?

maby also post the model number if that is the case as some guys around here may of had similar problem

also did you read this thread

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...-vr-vs-vq-vg-headunit-guide-56k-warning.32298

pics are long gone but the text might be of some use

Hey mate i used the thread to take it out. I cant use the standard holes in the side as there is no holes in the vs to screw through. The orginal head unit has brackets and are screwed in from the front not the side :(!

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
You have to screw holes in the standard brackets, in the middle of the four holes at the front of the bracket just behind where they screw to the car.

Drill a hole there and use the little 5mm screws that came with the new unit to screw the brackets to the new unit, they screw in about 20mm from the front and in the middle hole of your new unit.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
You have to screw holes in the standard brackets, in the middle of the four holes at the front of the bracket just behind where they screw to the car.

Drill a hole there and use the little 5mm screws that came with the new unit to screw the brackets to the new unit, they screw in about 20mm from the front and in the middle hole of your new unit.

This is the perfect way to do it have done around 50 vn-vs like this and they align perfect.

10571z

Reaction score
cheers guys!

I went to autobarn and they wanted $40 for a brace thing which u can use what a rip!