Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moving a gas tank?

VSV6

I wanna hear that boom
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore
hey all,

I just got 36sq ft of Dynamat Extreme Sound Deadner in, and i want to do my complete boot, however I have an LPG system and I'm trying to work out if i move my tank out a bit so i can get to my parcel self, if anything would f*** up? Im not sure where my lines run and wouldn't want to **** much up. I asked a guy at the local audio shop if it was hard to do and he said, nah it's a fairly easy job if you have the tools, but he didnt say much else apart from that.

Any help would be appriciated!

p.s (Sorry if this has been asked before, having difficulty finding it within the ffs search)

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
its pretty easy to remove the tank mate, just turn the gas off on the tank (should be a screw in tap) then undo the 2 lines and electrics for fuel guage. Then all you have to do is undo the bolts holding it to the floor and out she comes. Nothing to it really.

VSV6

I wanna hear that boom
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore
Cheers man, I thought it might be something easy, but i didn't want to mess with anything before i knew at least somewhat on what i should be doing.

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
you cant go wrong mate just make sure you turn the gas off on the tank before you undo anything and you will be fine.