Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

moving earthing wire ??

V

VSAccCom

hey guys just wondering someone mentioned before that if you move the earthing wire to the ecu or something of that nature it would give u more power ?? anyone does this or something close to this that would give you a bit more power

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
Yeah ive seen it done and was going to do it myself till i found out what was involved. I dont know about the ecu but i belive what you have to do is change the ground wires to a thicker guage wire and add a few more ground points in the engine bay. I spoke to an auto elect. about it and he told me that you could possibly gain a little bit of power and possibly better fuel economy but for the time and effort i dunno if its worth it.

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
Also when i was looking at doing it i found this on a rice burner :rice: forum(i only went on there to get this stuff honestly you have to belive me) This was done on a bloody eclipse or something like that so if it can be used on a commy or if its even true i dont know.

1. Cut eight lengths of cable:
1 Battery to firewall. 9”
2 Battery to R strut. 13”
3 Battery to throttle body. 12”
4 Throttle body to head. 12”
5 Head to exhaust. 12”
6 Battery to L strut. 42”
7 L strut to alternator. 40”
8 L strut to distributor. 16”

V

VSAccCom

thanks bro, yeah there was someone who said somethin similair to that b4 and he said it only coz 60 bucks to get it done, so ill sus it out in the next few weeks

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
if your earths are good now & the system has no problems you will gain absoloutley nothing from this besides spending money & time
you may even stuff it up by creating ground loops the system cant deal with
Rob

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
You are wasting your time and money, nothing will be gained. If you think that your not getting a good earth around the car get a multimeter and check from the negative battery terminal to any part of the chassis. The only time i would place another ground on would be if one of the readings was over a few ohms (taking into consideration any coatings paint etc).