Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moving on to bigger and better things

Nthn_Suss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Senator Sig
Hey all. Just wondering what you think a fair trade in price would be for my VT? 99 exec, 200,000k's, V6 auto, new rear end with GTO lights and VX garnish, limo tint, very tidy, good paint.

I fell in love at 7am this morning with a VT HSV XU6 10th anniversary edition. I could get 11 privately im confident but car yards are always trying to cut you off at the knee's. But I need this car lol I dont want to hang around waiting to sell mine and have it sold from under me. Unless someone wants to buy it? haha. I have checked the redbook and it say's my car's worth nothing more than a kick in the nads and an XU6 should be no more than $15 grand, which is a bit off the mark.

Still have to have the car inspected and see how badly my insurance company will rape my wallet but other than that it's pretty much a done deal, I hope. Wish me luck!

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
well, yards can be pretty damn shifty as most know, but i reckon you would be looking somewhere 11 to 14k trade on the xu6....what do they want for the VX if you dont mind me asking?

L

LYRIC

im only 24 yrs and i have my VT S/c V6 insured with NRMA and im only
paying 1.100 pa. But that's insured under my old mans name.

Nthn_Suss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Senator Sig
Jipped!!!!!!

I could of stabbed someone, namely the dealer in the face. I rock up, he goes over my car, i drive the XU6, then we head into his office to sort out some paperwork. I'll state that the car was advertised at $22,990. He offers me 7k for my car and then say's that the XU6 was gonna cost 27k. Didn't even try to explain it and had me wondering what world i'd stepped into.

So i explain to him about the special price I'd seen it at and he start's trying to "make a deal". Under the impression my car still has 12grand owing on it he took the trade in price up to $10,000. Great, i thought, then realised he'd added 3 grand to my car and the car i was buying at the same time.

After 3 hours it came down to the $23,000 that was asked and that 10,000 of that was going to be traded in on mine, me taking a $700 loss as $10,700 is still owed on my loan. So i drive off merrily thinking I have myself a new car, on my way to get finance and insurance. It's all approved, I head back to the dealership and the price is different AGAIN! Upwards of $25k AND I'm yet to pay stamp duty or place a deposit.

After telling him the amount I got financed is the max I'm going to spend he stated that unless I financed through his company than I was going to have to walk away from the car. And I did. You hear all too often of a ****y salesman knowing a young kid with alot of dreams and pockets full of money being ripped off and I wasn't prepared to come out around $6000 worse off than I intended.

A long post, yes, but it's a warning to alot of others out there. Set your limit's and dont let some pencil pushing ******** mysteriously change figures whilst rambling things he expects you wont understand. Lucky for me I didn't sign anything, even when i was intent on buying the car, just incase. The best decision I ever made.

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
LYRIC said:
sheesh.. im only paying $1400 and im 23 and i have a vx s2 berlina with fe2 ! i was expecting to be done over majourly but $1400 a year aint tooooo bad..

Kersh

Reaction score
Website
www.kersh.biz
Members Ride
VE SS Ute '08
LYRIC said:

Thats a shafting!
At 19yrs of age I get AAMI to insure full comprehensive for $972 under my own name on my VT and thats with several vehicle mods.
http://www.budgetdirect.com.au gave me an even cheaper quote which I think I might take up when insurance time comes around again.

mitch01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec. ser.1
Yeah that does sound quite expensive. I'm 21 - full comprehensive on VX exec $860 with AAMI. But thats with no mods, and I guess state/postcode makes a big difference too.

L

LYRIC

mitch01 said:
Yeah that does sound quite expensive. I'm 21 - full comprehensive on VX exec $860 with AAMI. But thats with no mods, and I guess state/postcode makes a big difference too.

Have any off you guys checked out just car insurance ??
there ment to be cheap i hear