Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mr Bodykit front lip FYI - fitment issues VF

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
Posting up so people can manage their expectations.
I bought the chin spoiler from Mr Bodykits for my VF Series 2 SS.

Had it painted / cleared and prior to fitting it looked like it was going to suit the car really well. There’s a small 2mm outer lip that guides placement.

Friend from bodywork’s came around this morning and the issues began. Not huge or insurmountable issues, but…still.

The spoiler comes in 3 sections and we screwed the 2 side sections to the centre section, then centred the spoiler on the ca off the grill sections, taped everything in place to check for looks, fitment, etc.
we immediately - noticed, the extremity edges didn’t seem to be long enough…it either fits perfectly around the guard (in which case the other end becomes too short), or it finishes 12mm short on each side, but then the small lip holds the spoiler proud.
I contacted Mr B and they sent some fitting pictures - these pics clearly show that the extremities do not fit around the guard as you’d expect - effectively, the entire spoiler isn’t long enough…AND the lip ensures a 2-3mm gap over the last 6 inches or so.

Not sure if I’ll modify this one or just buy a better fitting product….

Attachments

• IMG_6949.jpeg
    IMG_6949.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6950.jpeg
    IMG_6950.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6951.jpeg
    IMG_6951.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6952.jpeg
    IMG_6952.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6953.png
    IMG_6953.png
    539.1 KB · Views: 102

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Mr B should've made sure the spoiler fitted the bumper properly before selling them. Instead, MR B sends a picture confirming the spoiler doesn't fit the bumper properly, and that makes a junk product ok I guess?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Mr B should've made sure the spoiler fitted the bumper properly before selling them. Instead, MR B sends a picture confirming the spoiler doesn't fit the bumper properly, and that makes a junk product ok I guess?
I know the question was rhetorical, but yep, sadly that’s business 101 :( though it’s only ok if people actually accept such ;)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
To be fair, I’ve bought products from MrBody kits and have been really happy with quality and price. Fitting was spot on. Well packaged too.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
To be fair, I’ve bought products from MrBody kits and have been really happy with quality and price. Fitting was spot on. Well packaged too.
Should we perhaps forgive Mr B for a poorly fitting product like the OP's spoiler because he has other products that fit well? Or alternatively, should we tell Mr B that his spoiler is junk, supply one that fits properly or give us a refund?

On the topic of VF2 spoilers, I don't mind the sports armour painted body colour, seems to fit well and matches the side skirts!

DSCN1616.JPG

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Should we perhaps forgive Mr B for a poorly fitting product like the OP's spoiler because he has other products that fit well? Or alternatively, should we tell Mr B that his spoiler is junk, supply one that fits properly or give us a refund?

On the topic of VF2 spoilers, I don't mind the sports armour painted body colour, seems to fit well and matches the side skirts!

View attachment 267145
giphy.gif

Well.

If the product is not up to what it should be, then yeah it’s all valid. My point is, this one product should not be a representation of all the products Mr Bodykits sells as a whole. Where MrBodykits will show us the quality of the business is in how he/they handle a poorly fitting product for the customer. I don’t feel it is reasonable that everyone who purchases one and doesn’t fit around all of the front bar, that they deem it acceptable. No one would.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
If the product is not up to what it should be, then yeah it’s all valid. My point is, this one product should not be a representation of all the products Mr Bodykits sells as a whole. Where MrBodykits will show us the quality of the business is in how he/they handle a poorly fitting product for the customer. I don’t feel it is reasonable that everyone who purchases one and doesn’t fit around all of the front bar, that they deem it acceptable. No one would.
Mr B sold these spoilers knowing they didn't fit properly. If people presume his products are junk, he's only got himself to blame for not remedying the fitment issue prior to sale. By sending the OP a photo of the poor fitment, Mr B's implying the product is intended to fit poorly and isn't a warranty issue or defective component. Exactly what Holden were renowned for doing to avoid warranty claims!

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mr B sold these spoilers knowing they didn't fit properly. If people presume his products are junk, he's only got himself to blame for not remedying the fitment issue prior to sale. By sending the OP a photo of the poor fitment, Mr B's implying the product is intended to fit poorly and isn't a warranty issue or defective component. Exactly what Holden were renowned for doing to avoid warranty claims!
That’s my point. What is representative of his business is not really him intentionally selling a poor fitting product, but the way he handles complaints and reaches resolutions.

No one in their right mind would intentionally buy a poorly fitting product. The expectation would be the product fits and fulfils its intended purpose.

In this case, it’s not going well.