Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mr Bodykit front lip FYI - fitment issues VF

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
What is representative of his business is not really him intentionally selling a poor fitting product
It's absolutely Mr B intentionally selling a poorly fitting product. He sent the OP a photo of the poor fitment and there's no way he believed the fitment was good. Mr B's trying to pull a stunt on the OP claiming the spoiler is designed to fall 12mm short of the bumper extremity to give the car an "extra 10" or some such nonsense I'd guarantee.

It's no different than complaining to Holden that the bumpers don't match the body colour. Holden's response to that, is none of them match because the bumper is a different material to the body panels. Complete nonsense, I've had several bumpers repainted to match the body colour from a good painter who can match colour. It's Holden avoiding responsibility for a colour mismatch that should be rectified under warranty.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It's no different than complaining to Holden that the bumpers don't match the body colour. Holden's response to that, is none of them match because the bumper is a different material to the body panels. Complete nonsense, I've had several bumpers repainted to match the body colour from a good painter who can match colour. It's Holden avoiding responsibility for a colour mismatch that should be rectified under warranty.

Agreed.

I had the front and rear bars resprayed on my Nitrate Silver Clubsport (at HSV's expense) and the painter matched them even though Holden was telling us it wasn't possible for the reason you've outlined.

I think that front lip is a crap effort and wouldn't want it fitted to my car.

By not matching the bar it ruins the bodyline.

Now I'll go back to my cup of tea.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
It's like Holden telling us that all LS3's have piston slap and noisy lifters!

Just the Mexican LS3's... :cool:

You think that's bad?

Check out Donut medias latest video, in which they teardown a brand new LSX crate engine

Multiple conrod big end bearings with damage to them, and pistons that didn't have wrist pin clips installed. And that's on a hand built race engine!

All you need is a big YouTube channel though. Cause GM is sending them a brand new engine for free, and also paying for all repairs to the first engine.

So ya'll out there with LS3 slappers, clearly ya'll YouTube channels just aren't big enough.......

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I think you are missing what I’m saying.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's absolutely Mr B intentionally selling a poorly fitting product. He sent the OP a photo of the poor fitment and there's no way he believed the fitment was good. Mr B's trying to pull a stunt on the OP claiming the spoiler is designed to fall 12mm short of the bumper extremity to give the car an "extra 10" or some such nonsense I'd guarantee.

Agreed.

I had the front and rear bars resprayed on my Nitrate Silver Clubsport (at HSV's expense) and the painter matched them even though Holden was telling us it wasn't possible for the reason you've outlined.

Now I'll go back to my cup of tea.

I’m not disagreeing with anyone.
I’m adding that I have bought products from them. Not this product. The products I have bought have been good. Did what I wanted. Did what was reasonably expected. This is why I’m saying not everything sold by the business is bad. It’s not. This product is bad.

I am agreeing that it doesn’t fit. I’m saying it is a reasonable expectation that it should fit. No one would want to buy something that doesn’t fit. This product is not fit for purpose. That is now clear via the feedback from the seller.

Then what I am saying is the way they can redeem themselves is through customer service. How they handle a complaint or problem is what often does define a business. Take the large hardware business in a green shed. They sell lots of junk products. They are well known for refunding or providing store credit with minimal fuss. They offer the customer a hassle free experience to resolve it.

I am saying so far, Mr Body Kits is not going well at making good the experience. Instead doubling down and making things difficult. That is not great for Mr Bodykits. They are failing at defining themselves as a better business through good service.

Products are one thing. Service is another.

Is not going well.

Last edited:

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
There was an HSV dealer in SA who'd process warranty claims on bumper colour mismatches in VE around 2010 and the service manager ended up with the sack over it he told me about 5 years later. He told the dealer principal that he didn't get paid enough to lie to people why their bumpers can't match the body colour!

Correct! It's unacceptable quality in my opinion and I certainly wouldn't buy one.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Where MrBodykits will show us the quality of the business is in how he/they handle a poorly fitting product for the customer.
Yes, the quality of a business is based not only on the good products they sell but on how they handle complaints about faulty products.

And the death of a business can hinge on their stubbornness in not doing the correct thing when they’ve sold a poor quality product :oops:

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
Yes, the quality of a business is based not only on the good products they sell but on how they handle complaints about faulty products.

And the death of a business can hinge on their stubbornness in not doing the correct thing when they’ve sold a poor quality product :oops:

And just to update everyone - Mr B has gone to ground on this matter. I’ve emailed a few questions highlighting the problems in various ways - it actually seems as if they are purposefully trying to confuse the issue by saying things like “the lip extends along bumper, over the first lip, then take the lip off to ensure it reaches lip”….err what? No, this makes no sense. I send back clear and edited pics to showcase the issue, the gaps, the short edge, etc…and nothing. No refund offer or anything.

This is a $250 lesson for me - and I’ve been burnt. Hopefully my lesson helps others…and as someone else has said, this business will not stay around by selling inferior products that they know are inferior….

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I would be contacting your state’s Consumer Affairs Dept. You are entitled to a refund. You are unlikely to recover the costs for the painting but absolutely entitled to returning the item and getting a refund for the product that does not fit correctly. It is not fit for purpose and does not meet reasonable expectation of the consumer.

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
The problem is their terms clearly state to return in original condition….by painting it, I think I have screwed ACL rights….not sure. I’ll email and specifically ask for a refund….see what they say.