Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MRC error removal

10thTime

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE HSV GTS
Hi,
2010 VE GTS 6.2 LS3 6speed..

I have xyz coilovers and no MRC harness anymore.. got the good ol MRC error on the cluster showing..

I know you can send off your cluster to certain companies, and have the MRC disabled, but not too keen on sending it away.
So it's do-able.. just need to know what to do.
Anyone have specifics/instructions for modding this?
I'm assuming it's a chip flash, easy enough.. but would need confirmation.. and the code positions \ values

I did read that the 'error-speed hobble' setting is in there too.. if disabling that is an option.. like to know that too.
anyone know this info?
ta
AJ

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
should have unplugged the mrc plug under the brake booster, once u have the code its a pain to remove, can even be easier to plug the factory shocks back in to remove the code and then unplug it so u never get the code

10thTime

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE HSV GTS
should have unplugged the mrc plug under the brake booster, once u have the code its a pain to remove, can even be easier to plug the factory shocks back in to remove the code and then unplug it so u never get the code
Yeah, I have read that...
Actually.. I did read somewhere that you could just add resistors in place of the shocks and fool it that way... (33ohm 5w rings a bell?)
If someone has a pin-out for that MRC plug, could possibly add them in there, temp like to reset... then remove?
can't remember if the MRC controller is still present though.. pretty sure there was a unit involved.. in console or something?
be easier for me now, if I just had the good oil for the cluster disable option..
AJ

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
not sure u would have to use the wiring and probe to each shock to see where they go and try it that way to remove the unplugged shocks see if it works that way to remove the code

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Contact Matt at Fermec. Can be turned off via obd plug with the right gear.

There is a speed limiter fault that I had to turn off in the tune side of things as well