Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

msd coil pack

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
ive also heard that msd coils arnt as good as the supercharged 6 factory coils from alot od people. also said that msd coils are a replacement part (being exactly the same) for the L36 factory coils,
thats why i never spent the money on them, they are only red in colour to me.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
Nice dig....

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Made in china???????

I just bought a msd coil's for my vt v6
It says its made in china??
Does this sound right???
Or are they a fake??

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I gather its a v8
Have you heard of larging the gap size on a v6
What plugs are you using??

Nope, I'm running a blown 3.8 Shock-O-Tec. I could only run a .8mm gap on 10psi with standard coils - currently I'm running a 1mm gap on 12psi with MSD coils.
The spark plugs I use are NGK BPR6EFIX-10's - Irridium ones.
There probably isn't much of a gain widening the gap on stock motors - I only took note of it because I forgot to regap my irridiums to .8mm before I put them in and I'm too lazy to change them.

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Nope, I'm running a blown 3.8 Shock-O-Tec. I could only run a .8mm gap on 10psi with standard coils - currently I'm running a 1mm gap on 12psi with MSD coils.
The spark plugs I use are NGK BPR6EFIX-10's - Irridium ones.
There probably isn't much of a gain widening the gap on stock motors - I only took note of it because I forgot to regap my irridiums to .8mm before I put them in and I'm too lazy to change them.
Wow sounds like a mighty fine set up you got there

I order some IRIDIUM plugs a week ago
seem i have differant part number?????
Holden Statesman Commodore V6 NGK Iridium Spark Plugs (eBay item 270684271506 end time 26-Dec-10 14:04:00 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

I just looked at add again doesn't fit your vy
Same motors but won't fit?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
It might be a mighty fine setup - but it's also a mighty expensive setup that's for sure...

I find that very hard to believe about the plugs though. I know for a fact that the VX motors are the same as mine, use the same plugs and everything. I personally have changed plugs in a VS and they were the copper equivalent to the ones I use. The NGK website recommends the ones I have as well - how very odd.
The plugs I'd recommend for yours would be the NGK BPR6EFIX-12's. They have a 1.2mm gap and will work fine without boost.

Also, from what I've read excessive gaps on spark plugs seems to wear them out quicker. 1.2mm is the specified size by NGK though so i'd say you'll be fine.