Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Muffler Delete drone from empire performance on 2011 SV6 auto wagon

Mitchy337

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II 3.6L Commodore Wagon
Hello all,
Was just posting here to see if I could get any tips for reducing muffler delete drones on my SV6 wagon?
Have had them on for about 4 days and have noticed the drone is really beginning to be a pain in the ass. I did get them with a resonator which seems to be of little help, could anyone shed some light in what I could do to reduce it? Anything helps :)
FYI: I’m not the most car savvy person, I’m an 18 year old p plate shithead that likes to just be loud on the road haha. Again anything helps :)
Cheers!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hello all,
Was just posting here to see if I could get any tips for reducing muffler delete drones on my SV6 wagon?
Have had them on for about 4 days and have noticed the drone is really beginning to be a pain in the ass. I did get them with a resonator which seems to be of little help, could anyone shed some light in what I could do to reduce it? Anything helps :)
FYI: I’m not the most car savvy person, I’m an 18 year old p plate shithead that likes to just be loud on the road haha. Again anything helps :)
Cheers!
Put the original mufflers back on.
They might be quiet, but they dont sound like shite and make the Baby Jesus' ears bleed.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
VE Wagons & Exhaust Drone go hand in hand,

Not much you can do about it, unless you use ear plugs, then the Vibes will then get to you.

As mentioned above ^^^^

Re-fit OEM mufflers.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Did the muffler delete give it more 0-100 performance or make it slower 0-100 km/h?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
V6 VE's....especially wagons will drone no matter what aftermarket exhaust you put on it.

Also loud generally = resonance.....the louder you go the more likely you are to get noticable frequencies you don't want, especially with automatics.

Please for the love of everyone you drive past, put the stock exhaust back on. People don't want to feel sick hearing an Alloytec mang past them. They won't think your cool, they'll think your a knob.

Last edited:

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
VE Wagons & Exhaust Drone go hand in hand,

Not much you can do about it, unless you use ear plugs, then the Vibes will then get to you.

As mentioned above ^^^^

Re-fit OEM mufflers.

I was thinking about a aftermarket exhaust for my VE Wagon,we went on a w/end golfing trip a couple of years ago,mate had a V6 wagon with a new exhaust,forget the name,red dog,black dog or something like that,Drone was unbearable,very uncomfortable trip.Never again.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
A V6 Alloytec will never sound good.
Keep as many mufflers as possible to save your dignity.

Mitchy337

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VE's....especially wagons will drone no matter what aftermarket exhaust you put on it.

Also loud generally = resonance.....the louder you go the more likely you are to get noticable frequencies you don't want, especially with automatics.

Please for the love of everyone you drive past, put the stock exhaust back on. People don't want to feel sick hearing an Alloytec mang past them. They won't think your cool, they'll think your a knob.
Fair enough man, cheers for the advice

Mitchy337

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did the muffler delete give it more 0-100 performance or make it slower 0-100 km/h?

Got no clue man, haven’t noticed any changes in performance; doubt it would’ve done anything significant other than noise lol