Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Murphy -vs- Ambrose

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
jetspin_vl said:
What the hell?? What do you mean if the Murph car had fallen over?!! When was that ever gonna happen... mate its a Holden!!
And yet i hate to say it there was none of them in the top 8 besides murph to carry on the charge :(

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Unfortunately, it came down to a bit of bad luck, but anyway that doesn't matter, we still won!!! C'arn the mighty Commodore

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I was there at the top of the mountain for the last 40 laps this year and it was grim.....and from the clouds came Murph.
Ford even organised a GO FORD to be written in the sky by a plane...seemed like the perfect comeback...I even went though some of the excuses I was going to use for the ford wankers at work when they gave me **** but alas it didn't happen.

The day was summed up by a pissed ford supporter walking home from "the only race that matters " giving **** to any commodores leaving the carpark and driving down the main street of Bathurst.
He said "But who's leading the championship?"
What f**king championship?

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
jetspin_vl said:
Second is the first loser :D
Hahaha Gold... and very true Ford were the first 7 losers :D

D

davo

Although watching Rick Kelly in a faster car intimidating ambrose on the final lap was funny it was also bad sportsman ship. Rick had nothing to lose, caught up to ambrose and gave hime ****.

That was Rick being a smartarse. Not very considerate, but not dangerous.

Ambrose getting abit stressed trying to block a faster car behind him with so many points at stake. Its not rocket science mate, come up to a corner, take it wide off the line, let him through.

Ambrose stated he gave rick several chances to overtake. Bullshit.

Jumping on the brakes after he crosses the line, the most dangerous and petty thing a race driver could possibly do. And trying to have a punchon with the kid after the race... how childish is that.

Like football players in AFL, idiotic, dangerous V8 supercar racers should be banned from competing for X amount of rounds.

Dont even get me started on ambrose, his typical "overtaking" move is to tailgate the car in front coming into a left hand corner, pull up along side on the left and push his way into the corner off line.

The car (quite often skaife) trying to take the correct racing line is pushed off wide to avoid a high speed accident at the apex of the corner, and always comes out second best.

Just once i would like to see a car to not budge and continue to take the line and for ambrose to plow into its left hand side. Just to prove my point.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Well said Davo......and i agree with you his racing tactics are dirty.....mainly what im referring to is he punted his teammate of the track in darwin this year and also his divebomb move on Skaifey at the last corner of race 1 at Oran Park. Both stupid moves for obvious reasons. One day he claims he is a racer blah blah blah the next he says he is conservative thinking of the championship.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Yep absolutely true.....forgot about the Ingall Darwin punt but Ambrose's cheshire smile is wearing a bit thin.
Murph made him look stupid at the press interview and the old smile from ear to ear had to be his only comeback . Guilty as charged...thats how the stewards found it