Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Musical air horn

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Hey yeah I saw that train horn but the end cap is missing which is a bummer. You can hear a freight train on a clear day from about 5km's away haha

fatduck84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Boring White VT
they are illeagal in qld pretty sure

B

bns-sticky

I have a collection of horns in my ute. Some are not in the at the moment while I have been working on it and they get in the road but got a train horn on the way.

Straight from a SARG in traffic here in Queensland, signal note airhorns are legal to use as the main horn by pressing the horn on the steering wheel. No other horns are legal to use while the vehcile is in motion or on public roads. My reply to that was Cool!

Nothing is illegal until you get caught. Moral to the story put them in but be careful where you use them.

upthetiggers

Kill Cane Toads!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
bns-sticky said:
Straight from a SARG in traffic here in Queensland, signal note airhorns are legal to use as the main horn by pressing the horn on the steering wheel. No other horns are legal to use while the vehcile is in motion or on public roads.

Music to my ears

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
bns-sticky said:
I have a collection of horns in my ute. Some are not in the at the moment while I have been working on it and they get in the road but got a train horn on the way.

Straight from a SARG in traffic here in Queensland, signal note airhorns are legal to use as the main horn by pressing the horn on the steering wheel. No other horns are legal to use while the vehcile is in motion or on public roads. My reply to that was Cool!

Nothing is illegal until you get caught. Moral to the story put them in but be careful where you use them.

train horn????!!!!

get me one... you have a cash buyer!

B

bns-sticky

holden#1 said:
train horn????!!!!

get me one... you have a cash buyer!
I've waited nearly two years to get my hands on just one! It is off one of those trains that do the coal from the Hunter Valley to Newcastle, they have six horns in the assembley but they got replaced because three off them were damaged. My friend kept 2 and I got the other one. Only problem is that I need to set up a air tank and compressor but i got that worked out now i just need time to do so.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Train horns are mega mega loud aye LOL. Yeah you will need a larger compressor and a small storage tank to run a single horn but man its well worth it haha. Still looking for one I'll even settle for a truck horn.

Arth

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
You fellas need to check out this site, its awesome:

Train horns

Download the movies if you have time there funny as. You can also buy some of there train horns (USA) if you have a spare couple of grand lying around.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
ucwepn said:
Train horns are mega mega loud aye LOL. Yeah you will need a larger compressor and a small storage tank to run a single horn but man its well worth it haha. Still looking for one I'll even settle for a truck horn.

just go to a truck spareparts shop and there's plenty. thats if you have room to fit something @ 60cm long. bbaaaaaahhhhhrrrrrpppppp bbbaaaaaaaahhhhhhrrrppp (bad impersonation of truck horn) ;)

executive_power

Reaction score
does anyone have any pics of their musical air horn mounted plus the wiring.