Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Musical horns, where?

Pimpin' VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Commodore
Can anyone help, im looking at getting some musical horns for my VR. Where is the best place to mount them, out of sight would be best i think in case of an inspection by the cops.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
pull the plastic inner wheel arch out of one of the front wheelsfit the horns then refit the plastic inner gaurd

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
they're actually only illegal if they replace the original horn...if you keep you stock horn on your steering wheel conected and connect your air horn to a separate switch then you cant get done for ****. dont know where to get em tho...

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Single Tone Air Horns are Legal. Musical Air Horns Arnt. i have asked three cops with same response from each "its unnecessary modification that create sound pollution" i have my musical air horns mounted to the radiator support rail. if you look through my grille you can see 3 out of 5 pipes and the compressor is conected to the transcooler (sitting behind it). i paid $100 for the airhorns from autobarn and $130 to get them installed.

Jecs

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Autobarn sells them (the bigger autobarn's might have a better selection) but supercheap carry some as well.

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
i just mounted mine near where the stock airbox goes in my vp. i have a pod filter there so i had space. just made some brackets up. heres a pic

installed them msyself and also made the brakets n **** myself too. not that hard at all.

CIMG5446.jpg

CIMG5443.jpg

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
Mine had a set of single tone airies hooked up when i bought it. They are mounted behind the front bar, kinda like what jecs has described. Cant see them unless you go looking.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
i blew the compressor on my old set. didnt know u had to top up the oil =[

got a new set and painted them black. got pulled over and the cop didnt even see them cause they blended in with the radiator.