Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 03 series 2 VY Executive

stephmcfarlane

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Excecutive series 2
hey guys, need some opinions on what i want to do to my car,
i have an 03 vy executive series 2, the colour is Martini Mica and it needs heaps more work. i just dont have the money!
i have a 12" kicker sub with a kenwood head unit, its exhaust is done, but it needs to be a little louder lol .
its lowered with sls in the rear and ssls in the front. am definatly going to be putting ssls all round.
it really hasnt had much done to it.
i debadged the back except for the holden badge and have put pinstripes on the taillights.

future mods (needs some opinions):
- rear lowered on ssls
- remove black strip on doors and also replace side skirts with the same colour as the car.
- want to get an ss front bumper, (would definatly have to change the side skirts from black)
- i really would love to get supersports and paint them white
- want a set of extractors
- i would love ss headlights and maybe vz ss tailights, im not sure on which tailights to get i only have a few options unless i change my whole rear bumper..
- want to replace the rubber strip around the door with chrome,
- want the chrome bar that goes around the number plate from a calais but not to sure if it would be too much chrome, considering there is a chrome strip already along the bottom of the boot
- want to paint my brake calipers black
-one day get it supercharged and bagged all round (when i ever get the coin aha)

would love some more little mods i could do to my car for the time being well im low on money, just so my car could stand out abit and not look so stock lol

heres some photos,

1898909_10152537013704474_549868866219254904_o.jpg 10475594_10152579070189474_2919070805473306475_n.jpg 10150689_10152408666844474_508864487631959509_n.jpg stephs car 2.jpg

IcyColder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Delft Blue Vy Exec
Looks great so far. Loving the VE rims. You should invest in some tinted tail lights. I personally wouldn't go with the chrome rear garnish as you have the boot strip and it looks good considering it is already colour coded. Will be looking forward to seeing your updates.

stephmcfarlane

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Excecutive series 2
hey, oh thankyou :)
when i bought the pinstripe yesterday, i was looking at tail light tint but wasnt too sure because i see some cars with it and it looks tacky and cheap. but maybe just one coat!

and yeah thats what i was thinking i could take the strip on the boot off then put the gharnish on or just leave it?
but thanks again!

IcyColder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Delft Blue Vy Exec
The best way for tinted tail lights would be to get some off of ebay for about $120 a set. Already done and cannot be defected. Look great too. Even check gumtree for ones people are selling second hand. The spray tint is too hit and miss. Also depends on how much you want to spend on it.

tiesty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Executive S1
Some vy ss tail lights will make the rear look mint

IcyColder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Delft Blue Vy Exec
in my opinion i wouldn't even bother with the spray tinting. 8/10 times it will bugger up. the vy ss tail lights have the bits already tinted. Also it may be easier if you get the door strips colour coded. get some plastic primer and a can of martini mica from your local automotive retailer (around $14 a can) otherwise you pose the risk of damaging the paint where your door strips sit.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
As mentioned in a previous thread by me get some Plastidip some free news paper (mailbox or local shops) and steal i mean borrow some (nice person) or $2 stuff masking tape and go wild.

On the cheap just cleaning your car will make it stand out too.

stephmcfarlane

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Excecutive series 2
Thanks everyone!! Ill definatly go get a can of that spray my door strips, and ill have a look at the taillights on ebay :)!

IcyColder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Delft Blue Vy Exec
As mentioned in a previous thread by me get some Plastidip some free news paper (mailbox or local shops) and steal i mean borrow some (nice person) or $2 stuff masking tape and go wild.

On the cheap just cleaning your car will make it stand out too.

You can't colour match your car with plastidip and just defeats the purpose of painting them. I'm more of an armor-all custom shield man anyway. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions

TheJanitor

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ 9C1
Looks Similar to my VZ, Same VE rims and colour. I have also recently gotten rear Venetians blinds (White). I agree that colour coding those side strips makes a big difference.

I managed to fit statesman strips on mine. Pics below for an idea.

Excuse the dirt.

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg