Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY 05 BLACK VZ CALAIS ,245rwhp alloytec!!! plus heeps of mods

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
to easy than man, um im running the kicker zx750.1 amp rated to 750wrms/1500w peek. id just get another 4 channel amp (not sure on brand yet?) for the speakers that is around the 400rms so each speaker gets 100rms, do you reckon that will be alright ?

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
Yeah like i said 75 watts minimum would be a start on those speakers, amping them at theyre recommended is ideal. Alpine PDX F4 is 4 channel 100 RMS per channel, ive got one in my commodore, great digital amp, bit on the pricey side though.

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
well i fitted the front speakers today, was a bit more stuffing around trying to run the wires for the tweeters thru the door wiring harness etc but i got there in the end lol first set iv ever fitted so was good to do it myself :) also removed my factory 8 inch subs from the parcel shelf since iv got the two 12s now. car is booked in this thursday at auto barn to get the head unit fitted and iv decided to get the steering wheel controls hooked up as well since its only another $120 to get them including fitting, that way everything will work like standard.

iv also got an invite to enter my car in the car show/"show n shine" at auto barn port macquarie on the 18th, this will be my first car show that iv entered in so hopefully it goes alright, might even win something if im lucky :D lol

cheers scott

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
Where are the tweeters mounted if you ran wire through the door loom? Where did you put the crossovers? Sounds pretty good mate, yeah definitely need the steering wheel controls working! Same issue with my system I wanted those to work.

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
hay man i just mounted the tweeters were the standard one were, also the crossovers are heaps small on the alpine type r speakers, so i just tucked them in the side of the dash and put the side panel back on that you have to remove to fit the tweeters if that makes sense ? i also meant i ran the crossover wire thru the door loom not the tweeter wire lol.

cheers scott

Where are the tweeters mounted if you ran wire through the door loom? Where did you put the crossovers? Sounds pretty good mate, yeah definitely need the steering wheel controls working! Same issue with my system I wanted those to work.

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
Oh ok, fair enough. Its good that you could tuck them away somewhere, i just installed my sound system about 3 weeks ago and i had to mount crossovers in the boot because of how large they were lol a huge stuff around running wires to the boot and back just for front speakers lol

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
so i got the head unit installed on thursday with the steering wheel controls as well, i am very very happy with the unit has so many different functions its not funny, also the advanced app mode is pretty cool you can use gps, listen to music, call people etc all with the head unit while its connected to the iphone thru the wireless connection, you can just scroll thru the phone on the head unit and chose any song/movie or someone's number that you want to call or listen to etc plus there are heaps of other apps that work with the head unit, can put in a memory card n have any pic as the back ground or put movies on it so you can have a choice of a few anytime u want. there are heaps more things it can do so hear is a link for anyone interested AVH-P8450BT 7" VGA in-car DVD player with Bluetooth, iPod control, USB/SD connectivity and Advanced App Mode - Pioneer DVD Player & Screens

the unit itself is very easy to use, i haven't even read the instructions yet and iv figured most of it out my self. it has a fully adjustable face that can tilt etc can chose any colour for the buttons to light up. i managed to get it for $830 on special at JB hi fi (RRP is $1200) and the second cheapest place i found was my local auto barn which was $950 plus fitting and i got the steering wheel controls fitted for $130.

few quick pics i for of it installed tonight

photo-273.jpg

photo-271.jpg

photo-272.jpg

cheers scott