Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY 05 BLACK VZ CALAIS ,245rwhp alloytec!!! plus heeps of mods

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Car looks good mate, and that's a good performance outcome especially for the alloytec, just one thing, you should paint your stereo fascia gloss black or matte black to match the dash, make it look more factory haha

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
Looks really clean :)

You'll love the HID's, they make night time driving so much nicer!

Kicker subs are nice, i have similar ones! more bass than I'll ever need! also have the same amp and it does the trick... did you hook all your speakers up to it aswell?

Some good power ther too - spewing it's not manual tho, manual conversion??

Look forward to future mods pal ;)

*Edit don't think that's the same amp - mines a 5 channel & has 2 sets of dials. also, why not go for a double din unit? they look much cleaner! IMO.

Last edited:

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
hay thanks for all the comments guys :)

paulSV6, thanks yer im pritty happy with how much power it has for a N/A v6, haven't really seen many others with as much that aren't supercharged. :D yer most people like the bonnet but some dont man looks alot better in real life, gives it a more tuffer look i reckon.

SUP3RST4R_DJ: thanks man but im not going to bother painting the stereo fascia gloss black or matte black to match the dash becose im going to put a double din in as i think this kenwood one looks like poo lol just waiting a few weeks till my mate buys this one off me.

Impulse vz: thanks man yer it is heaps clean, dosnt even have a stone chip or scratch on the hole car :) the previous owner used to just park it in the shead and barley drive it. what did you pick your subs and amp up for if you dont mined me asking?

realy iv never had HIDs so im pretty keen to get them in and test them out!

im heaps happy with how much bass the kicker subs have aswell, just have to try stop the boot from rattling now! lol. no iv just got my subs hooked up to the amp atm man ill probably just run another amp down the track for the speakers but atm there plenty loud enough.

yes one day ill probably drop a manual in it man, would make it alot more fun to drive :D

cheers scott

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
Ah ok sounds good :) I paid too much for my stereo gear lol.. was at JB hifi one day and just impulse bought all this **** then when I had a look online it was way cheaper!! always happens lol..

Yeah would definitely be much more fun with a manual! I'm gonna move to some performance mods soon - once I've got the car looking right!

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
haha yer thats always the way! i did that with my first stereo i got to but this one iv learnt from befor :)

yer its the only thing that i wasn't 100% happy with at first was that you cant get a manual in a calais, but with all the factory extras thay have i just couldn't pass it up, plus the 5 speed is very nice to drive but when you wanna have a bit of fun on hilly/ winey roads etc a manual would be more fun, but the paddle shift isnt to bad either but just isn't the same.

yer sounds good man what performance mods are you thinking of doing?

Ah ok sounds good :) I paid too much for my stereo gear lol.. was at JB hifi one day and just impulse bought all this **** then when I had a look online it was way cheaper!! always happens lol..

Yeah would definitely be much more fun with a manual! I'm gonna move to some performance mods soon - once I've got the car looking right!

Last edited:

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
ok guys so what are your opinions on the DRL head lights that i have compared to the standard vz calais/ss lights? im not sure what i like better and the car came with all the spares so i still have the original lights in the garage so wont cost me anything to change them, just have to make up my mined lol.

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
Defs put the stock ones back it! will look much better :)

Not sure which performance mods i'm gonna do yet, i'll start with a new diff and go from there! will prob get carried away like I have with making it look good lol!