Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 05 vz clubsport, manual, NOW 427ci STROKED LS3 underway!!! Massive cam, forged etc

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Good effort. Seriously put the cats back in though. Complete waste of time removing them.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Didn't say stock cats but even they have been proven to 500+hp. Even some high flow 200CPI ones would be 3/10ths of bugger all restriction.

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Yer that's a fair point man, mine look like there there for now lol, I'll get hi flow ones eventually just got an expensive engine to get built atm

oldholdensarebest

oldholdensarebest
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 CV8Z Monaro; 2005 Adventra LX8; 1955 FJ Holde
It sucks that you have to do an engine rebuild but in the end I'm sure you will be saying that it was worth it. Why not go blower, bang for the bucks they are hard to beat.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
This is going to hurt the bank balance BIG time.

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Yer deffenetly won't be a cheep fix! And I can't see the point of just chucking a standard 6L back in it, so What Im hoping to have started straight after Christmas is a brand new ls3 6.2L block stroked out to a 7L (427ci) all forged internals, big comp cam etc my 0821 rectangle port heads fixed n re valved with stronger ones, I'll use all my ls2 sump, front of the engine, maybe manifold etc if it fits to save as much as I can in parts that are still good, already got the high volume oil pump n double row timing gears etc that I can re use, it should be an unreal engine once built!! I'm hoping for 600+ rwhp if I can but my main aim is to have it built stronger to last, I deffenetly don't want to go thru this again n have to spend anouther 15g plus on building up a new engine!! Stay tuned for the build pics! I'm getting advanced Performance machining at narellan to build the engine, there been in the industry for over 25 years n really no there stuff!

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Sorry to hear about the engine but as you are saying it will lead to bigger and better.
BTW what did you eventually do to pass the emissions test if the stock exhaust didn't pass?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Why not go a 427 block to start with?