Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 05 VZ Clubsport R8

guyver6

Reaction score
Website
mmgn.com
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
Hi it's been a while since I've been around, when I was here a few years back I had a VS exec that was slowly building up. That car is long gone and now has been replaced with a 2005 VZ Clubsport R8 which I'm still loving even after owning it for nearly a year now.

It's pretty much stock as of now except for a Remus cat back exhaust, a K&N filter, painted the stock wheels gloss back(previous owner guttered them), also swapped out the stock head light and fog light bulbs for 4000K Philips clear vision bulbs. I want to get a full exhaust, CAI and a tune when the warranty is up.

Anyway here's a few picks in this photobucket album VZ Clubsport pictures by mymediaguyver - Photobucket there's a few pics of the car in bits when we were repainting the wheels and the black sections of the body kit. I tried using the websites internal image uploader but it seems I have reached my limit or something like that. So hopefully the following links and embedded images work if not this thread will be pointless :p

bdcb1d54.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj139/mymediaguyver/VZ Clubsport/bdcb1d54.jpg

988b5f2f.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj139/mymediaguyver/VZ Clubsport/988b5f2f.jpg

I've also been having a look around at some of the other cars posted in this section and some of them are very nice. Good to see clean street cars running around.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Rims look ####ing awesome in gloss black... even better on the devil yellow r8!

This thing looks awesome... just need to lower it a touch.

I want to get the 06 repeaters like you've on mine too... they look heaps better then the 05 ones.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
No way! The 05 guard flutes are way cooler :)
Car looks absolutely horn nonetheless. Gloss black wheels look so good with the yellow.
The future plans sound good. Full exhaust, OTRCAI and MAFless tune will turn it into an absolute beast!
Good luck with it mate.

guyver6

Reaction score
Website
mmgn.com
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
Thanks guys, yeah lowering just enough so that the wheels sit below the guards is on the cards as well. I wouldn't want to go much lower than that since it's my daily driver.
Ahh so the different shaped repeaters are from different year models, I previously didn't know that. I'm sitting on the fence with which version looks better, I think they both blend in well.

CORNYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
I see your wheels around a bit and I must admit I don't like them they just don't do it for me.
But saying that wow you've made them look good! The devil yellow on the black looks good as! Nice work looks real clean

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Thanks guys, yeah lowering just enough so that the wheels sit below the guards is on the cards as well. I wouldn't want to go much lower than that since it's my daily driver.
Ahh so the different shaped repeaters are from different year models, I previously didn't know that. I'm sitting on the fence with which version looks better, I think they both blend in well.

Yeah mate, the go really well with your colour schema having the black wheels.

I want to get some black R8's or Supersports on mine... though that's a while away at the moment... :(

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
looks very nice.
that devil yellow just looks so awesome. i bet it just shines when in sunlight.

im never a fan of black wheels on cars. but for once i can say.. those rims look absolutely stunning due to the contrast.

keep up the good work. and keep us posted