Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 1/4 mile time vnv6 comparion

vnbelina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
gday guys last night a quit moterplex i ran a 15.6 in my vn with over 240000kms on it and mods including pacemaker extractors + 2 1/2 inch zorst CAI, Dr bob chip and it had been serviced they day b4. i have mutual feeling about this time i was hoping for more like 15.2 15.3 so im lookin for other ppl times to compare. ps my gtec said i would do about a 15.2 so there not that bad for comparison reasons

F

foammedia

Did you get the exact same traction as you do on the street? or did you get some wheelspin at the track?. Also did you run the gtech down the track at the same time?

vnbelina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
the the traction was good very stiky at the track but yeah could probably launch harder if i really wanted to. and na the g tech was tested on the street that mas slightly downhill which takes into account the quikertime + it dosent take into acount my reaction time

F

foammedia

What was your 60 foot time and 660 foot time and mph? and total mph?. I think your gtech should be alot closer than .4 maybe if you try it on a flat road it will be within .2. Mine seems to be exactly spot on over the 1/4 mile

vnbelina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
i was 139.9kms overall, 2.395 60 foot, 10.03 sec at 660 foot which i was doing 113.87 sec. the one i did notice is but everyone saids commodores are slow of the line cause there heavy i beat most ppl up to about 80kms but lost it up high

F

foammedia

Yeah those times seem ok, It's getting over 60 foot ok, In fact you would be even with a totaly stock 5 liter up to about 500 feet :). My VN with the stock exhaust pulls about 140 km/h over the 1/4 mile too so it's not making anymore power than yours. Also worth knowing that mine runs 15.55 or 15.6 everytime with the stock chip in it. 15.3's with more spark advance. Check to make sure the throttle body opens all the way. I've been a bit suss on pacemackers lately, seen a few cars get slower than they were before with the stock exhaust. Mack's car used to run 0-60 mph in 7.3 now with the exhaust done runs 7.6 go figure :0. Also the time at the strip doesn't count reaction time either

ls1berlina

"mick"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LS1
traction on the strip won't be a problem, i can run my commie (V8-250rwkw) on street tyres without breaking traction.(lsd though)

auto or manual???

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
what 330 ft (100m) tme did you pull??

vnbelina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
its an auto and 330 foot was 6.5. yeah i was a little dissapointed with the pacies thourght i would get alot more power. but yeah always thought i would do better its got good take off its just the lag between 2nd and third that is slowing me down that and the bloody fuel cutoff limiter and that has been raised to 6000 rpm. i dont no what to get prolly a cam diff or rollerokers iwanna uprgrade my throttle to a v8 one but got told it may reduce power any ideas

F

foammedia

ls1berlina said:
traction on the strip won't be a problem, i can run my commie (V8-250rwkw) on street tyres without breaking traction.(lsd though)

auto or manual???

I don't have an LSD in my 5 liter but I can smoke a tire for the whole 1/8th mile on the track. I can only spin 1st gear on the street and only if I load up the converter before launching, otherwise it only spins up to say 3500 or 4000 revs in 1st. In my car I get almost the exact same traction on a wet street as the track in the dry :(