Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1994 Holden VR Commodore

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
Hey Guys, thought I would make a thread about my VR Commodore, Slowly been doing all the work to this car. Bought it May 2011 completely stock other then a set of 19"wheels.

Name: Daniel Meurs

Model: VR Executive

Colour: Green

Body kit: Standard Executive

Engine: 3.8L with all new gaskets

Exhaust: Standard headers and cat, with a 2.5" red back straight threw

Intake: standard air box sprayed silver with a K&N ultra performance high flow filter

Gearbox: VR calais auto fitted, as the standard one blew reverse 2 days after i bought it

Diff: Standard Live Axle (Not LSD and not IRS). (Hoping to get the diff tightend and rebuilt).

Brakes: New discs, and standard pads but will be fitting Bendix in all round soon

Suspension: Monroe GT struts and shocks, Kingsprings SL front and SSL rear.

Rims: 17" genuine VR Clubsport wheels with brand new 235/45/17 tyres

Interior: Standard besides a few painted dash pieces.

Stereo: Clarion head unit, clarion front speakers, ken wood 6x9s sony 4chanel amp and 2 12"JVC subs, with aeropro wiring and century long life battery. Re doing all sound gear shortly.

Other Mods: Clear Indicator Lens on front guards, tinted lights.

Cost: Purchased car stock with no rego or RWC for $1,800 spent to this day an easy $5,000

Future Mods: VE Brake Upgrade, new sound system, extractors and high flow cat, lower the front more and whitewalls, venitians and calais chrome strips

Here are some photos.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

549661_2977860385536_1070511567_n.jpg528740_2977859945525_20311057_n.jpg549482_2977859785521_1156234809_n.jpg268350_2977859585516_669560773_n.jpg

abcJarrad

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 v6 auto vs commodore
nice ride mate, i'm planning on doing a ve brake upgrade too. looks like you know what your doing with the mods so far good work :)

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
thanks abcJarrad, its getting there slowly all time and money hoping to get some prices soon about getting some of the major big dings pulled. I had some cash put away for the whitewalls and SSL for the front but today the car decided to **** itself (stuffed brake master cylinder) so its booked in tommorow to get fixed, goodbye moneeeeyyyy! :(

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Neat looking VR mate. Future mods sound good too.

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
thanks Nick, new boot install is now a go ahead everything has been ripped out and starting all again from scratch! kindve frustrating lol but ah well its a part of being young i guess, cops are just slowing my mod list down at the moment. 1 step forward 2 defects back lol

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Good nic mate. I like.

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
cheers guys :) cars just been put off the road today thanks to some f*#k head vicroads bloke that pulled me over and raped me for absolutely everything possibile on the car so back to standard i go lol

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
just an up date guys, defect is all cleared and the car is now back to her prime :) i just got my hands on some vy clubsport seats i installed the rear seats but just gotta get someone to put the fronts in for me, this weekend i plan on spending it cleaning the whole car! steam clean roof lining seats carpet etc, spray the iner guards matt black polish the wheels and wax and polish the car as im going for my Ps on monday and want the car looking amazing for when i pass :) when i learn how to upload photos in a thread ill chick some up lol

C4L4IS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR '93 Calais
Looks great mate! Like the black interior colouring. Just need to do something with the vynil now :)
I'll be keeping an eye on your thread.

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
yeah thats the plan man, im hoping to retrim the door inserts to the same as the seats as i want it to all tie in. Im off to the mechanics monday morning to speak seat rails etc as to what he can do or if he can put them in for me :) i just need to learn how to upload pics in a thread haha