Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2 Days off....

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Wire said:
I still dont understand much about fuses though :S
Keep up the good work
and then flick the cops will turn on their maglite and oh hello what do we have here sir? neons! i thought i saw them on just a minute ago!
a fuse is like a bottle neak. try to get too much current (from a short or what ever) through and pop fuse blows. the fuse's value is selected do that it will blow before the wire melts ect.....

Wire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec 94
ahh i c
thanxs 4 clearing that up

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
green's

Hey i put these in on the weekend. 8" in the footwells and twin 15cm sound modulated ones near the shifter. Probly get in **** for those but oh well lol, the interior needed a bit more than just the footwell ones... it really sets it all off now :w00t:.
Footwells switched via toggle in fuse cover (left of steering column), console by switch (included) mounted on the drivers side of transmission tunnel, vertical.
oh plz forgive the graininess of the pic, phone cam...

Last edited:

izedso

It's not a family wagon!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Acclaim Wagon
Well done raZel & Holdenmandan.
Both look schmikkk as!!!

VEARGH

"Stop,Drop..KaboOm.*
Reaction score
Members Ride
v_R
aw you copied my neons haha!! i have exact same blue neons on my car !

VEARGH

"Stop,Drop..KaboOm.*
Reaction score
Members Ride
v_R
goodycg said:
i was thinking of putting neons in but i dont have any idear of hooking it up to and where to put them. any help would be good thanks
I hooked them up to my ciggy lighter, its the brown/white wire that is by itself and ran a 5amp fuse straight from it( i think neons are about 3amp so you dont need a huge fuse)

EVERYBODY JUMP ON THE NEON BANDWAGON! :bow:

C

Crimmo

To change that blinking LED just below the headunit, would it just be a matter of replacing that red LED with a blue one? Might do it if it's that simple. Also looking at gettings a neon put into my boot but I've heard running a switch to it can be pretty tricky, especially if I want to keep the stock boot light and make it so when ones on, the others off.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Changing VS security light: How-to

Heyyy crimmo, i changed my security light over to a green one on wednesday this week, took about 40 mins (i did it PROPERLY lol)... I'm bored so i'll write a little how-to... This is the VS security light btw...

(1) The plastic bezel is held in with clips at the top and bottom. Mine was already kinda loose, so all i had to do to get it out was push down on it so the top clip undid itself.

(2) Pull the bezel out as far as the cable will allow. Making sure you only cut ONE cable at a time (to avoid shorting), cut the cables right at the base of the bezel to leave the most cable possible sticking out of the hole. The bezel and led should now be free from the car.

(3) Solder approx 4" of power cable (decent gauge, multi strand) to the yellow and blue power cables, to make installation easier.

(4) Melt the hot glue holding the old red led in the bezel, (i did this with the soldering iron lol). Now pull the led out from the back (with a suitable tool of course!) It should come out pretty easily. If its not moving, try melting the hot glue again. After this step, the led should be free from the bezel.

(5) Push the new led into the bezel (from the back) until the led is sticking out the front as far as desired. Mine was a pretty tight fit.

(6) Solder the extended wires to the corresponding leads on the led (dont forget that led's are polarised... ie it DOES matter which way around the power is connected).

(7) Hot glue the led in place in the bezel. While you've got the hot glue gun handy, insulate the solder joints with hot glue, trust me it does a good job lol!

(8) Feed the wire back in the bezel hole until the bezel clicks into place.

NOTES: The bezel DOES have a right way up as the led is not exactly in the middle of the bezel (heightwise). The RIGHT way up is with the led slightly HIGHER than middle, just in case you get confused. During the whole process, make sure the led power wires never touch each other! There is no need to disconnect the battery or anything like that, just leave the key out of the ignition and keep a door open.

Hope that all makes sense. Dont worry its pretty easy to do.

*****[EndHowTo]*****

And as for the boot, i'd have no idea as i havent done anything near the boot end yet! (i've only had my baby for a month lol)

VEARGH, i mightve seen you around penrith without even knowing it lol, im in there 5/6 days a week for work...

[EDIT]: ahh bugger i forgot to attach pic of it finished... here it is

Attachments

• SecuritylightNew.jpg
    SecuritylightNew.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 187

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
i thought that the security led was 12volt? probably wrong though...