Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2001 Holden WH Statesman Series 2

Happymonaro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary S2 V6 2003
Good mate, gotta sell the series 2 wh statesman I have the next fortnight. Gumtree or ebay I think?? Carpoint nd carsales ate full of time wasters.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Good mate, gotta sell the series 2 wh statesman I have the next fortnight. Gumtree or ebay I think?? Carpoint nd carsales ate full of time wasters.

Carsales is ok, my dad sold two of his cars on there. Problem with eBay is all the fees, the charge about $25 to list it, then they take a percentage of what you sell it for. And if you don't sell it and keep relisting it, it cost $25 each time. Carsales charges one fee of $60 and you can leave it on as long as you want.

Never used gumtree so I can't say if that is good or not.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Gum tree is good, sold my old vz in 4 days haha, it's good cause its free, but there is a few scammers on there saying the live in other country's and **** like that, just don't reply to them ones

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Gum tree is good, sold my old vz in 4 days haha, it's good cause its free, but there is a few scammers on there saying the live in other country's and **** like that, just don't reply to them ones

Yeah I had that problem on the trading post, people sending me messages saying that they are out of the country for a few months and they are going to get an assistant to pick up the car.

I was messing around with them at one stage saying stuff like, but you need to be here to sign the transfer papers, and you should come out and road test the car before you buy it. Eventually they stopped haha.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Just in case anyone was wondering, a couple of months ago I sold my Stato. Ended up getting $9300 for it as it was with no roadworthy. New owner really loves it and I can tell that he will take good care of it.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Damn! I mean... congrats, glad you got a decent smack of money for it ;)

I tell you what though, the price has fallen off the planet lately for those, zero demand for them. How goes the other 3 odd cars you have?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Damn! I mean... congrats, glad you got a decent smack of money for it ;)

I tell you what though, the price has fallen off the planet lately for those, zero demand for them. How goes the other 3 odd cars you have?

Yeah I think I was very lucky to get that much for it, especially only being a V6. I still have another 5 cars :( plan on selling 3 of them and buying one VY SS when I get off my P's.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
lol, I felt bad when I had 2 cars...

I assume the final count will be Rodeo, VS and then the future VY?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
lol, I felt bad when I had 2 cars...

I assume the final count will be Rodeo, VS and then the future VY?

Yeah they will be the only ones I will have. Didn't really see anything exciting happening in my future, so I didn't really mind spending the money, now I realise it was all a big mistake because I have met someone and now we are talking about getting a house together, so now I only want to save my money for that.

Oh well, what's done has been done and I can't take it back, we all make mistakes haha.