Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2004 GTO

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Aye Sorry for the long delay, heres the dyno sheet, mind you this is mustang dyno horsepower, which reads somewhere around 10-15% lower than your conventional dynojet, so I should be around the 430-440 range.

howdy dude, was just reading your thread its rather cool what you have done and with the costs

Was just looking at your dyno sheet, I'm not sure how the motor works for you as its Built here and put in the car here but shipped back over there to use guys in USA being the LS1 it was a corvette motor originally i think? But when we have them over here they are de tuned for our conditions and given less power. Compaired to how you originaly have them over there. I had my car tuned to bring back the figures of what the LS1 would have had by rights over there. With after Market Headers, Exhaust, and and no Maff sensor there, which i don't even think you had over there. But these are the figures mine came up with in HP

at the engine which your dyno sheet reads mine has these figures

Its interesting to compare, Does anyone know if the monaro when sent to USA still had a Maff sensor and was set to our power figures?

itsme4g63

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Pontiac GTO
There are basically 2 main dyno brands here, dynojet and mustang, the mustangs usually read 10% less than the dynojets. So the car's actual hp is around 420 to the wheels.

Yeah, ls1's have been stuffed into corvettes first.

All ls cars came with the maf sensor.

Your dyno sheet looks a bit sketchy, reason I say this is that torque and hp should always cross at 5252rpm, unless some sort of multiplier is involved.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
There are basically 2 main dyno brands here, dynojet and mustang, the mustangs usually read 10% less than the dynojets. So the car's actual hp is around 420 to the wheels.

Yeah, ls1's have been stuffed into corvettes first.

All ls cars came with the maf sensor.

Your dyno sheet looks a bit sketchy, reason I say this is that torque and hp should always cross at 5252rpm, unless some sort of multiplier is involved.

why do you think they need to cross at that rpm>?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
They only cross if HP and Torque is the same scale.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
so his theory is out the door?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
so his theory is out the door?

He is 100% correct. . . . if both readings are plotted against the same scale (as Jesterarts said) but yours are not.

If you were to replot yours, they should cross at 5252, or it is bodged.

edit: I just reviewed your graph; and at 5252rpm you have around 414-418 HP and the same for ft/lbs. Therefore your graph is good.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
He is 100% correct. . . . if both readings are plotted against the same scale (as Jesterarts said) but yours are not.

If you were to replot yours, they should cross at 5252, or it is bodged.

edit: I just reviewed your graph; and at 5252rpm you have around 414-418 HP and the same for ft/lbs. Therefore your graph is good.

what do you mean reviewd it and worked it out how? I'm not trying to be an arse or anything, I'm just trying to establish how to read His sheet haha.

clearer to read.

itsme4g63

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Pontiac GTO
Yeah sorry mate I didn't notice the scale is not the same you have more tq than hp on the scale, if it was the same on both sides, then it would cross at 5252.