Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2007 Omega

Silver07ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6L Omega
My 2007 VE omega sedan, I haven’t done much to it yet, just added wind deflectors, buffed the headlights and painted the windscreen wiper arms,
Gonna do some more such as boot lip, rear windscreen spoiler, LED headlights, paint the bonnet, upgraded exhaust, or sure what else to do

Attachments

• B647517A-99B2-44D9-83C0-3C9C32B1B827.jpeg
    B647517A-99B2-44D9-83C0-3C9C32B1B827.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 93

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Welcome to the forum... Service this car every 10,000km (change fluids, etc) and this car shouldn't give you too many issues... One note with the exhaust upgrade, Alloytec engines are known for sounding pretty bad and drone with an exhaust, especially with the 4 speed auto (which yours has), so do your research before picking an exhaust system...

Silver07ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6L Omega
Service it PROPERLY using correct fluids REGULARLY.
I have already done an oil service and going to do coolant next, it was serviced not long before I got the car too I know the previous owner personally

Silver07ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6L Omega
Welcome to the forum... Service this car every 10,000km (change fluids, etc) and this car shouldn't give you too many issues... One note with the exhaust upgrade, Alloytec engines are known for sounding pretty bad and drone with an exhaust, especially with the 4 speed auto (which yours has), so do your research before picking an exhaust system...
I plan on doing so, hoping no big issues that I can’t handle, I have heard so I’m going to be very careful

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I have already done an oil service and going to do coolant next, it was serviced not long before I got the car too I know the previous owner personally
How many kilometres does your car have?

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
About 284,000kms
If you want to hear how bad the car sounds with an exhaust, remove the rear muffler and give it a stab.

If you are wanting a nice smooth ride, do as mentioned above, do the PCV mod if it hasn't been done yet, inspect and replace suspension components and other bits EG, subframe bushes, strut tops (if you have some knocks happening) engine mounts and all that good stuff.

Silver07ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6L Omega
If you want to hear how bad the car sounds with an exhaust, remove the rear muffler and give it a stab.

If you are wanting a nice smooth ride, do as mentioned above, do the PCV mod if it hasn't been done yet, inspect and replace suspension components and other bits EG, subframe bushes, strut tops (if you have some knocks happening) engine mounts and all that good stuff.
I’ll leave the muffler on don’t wanna hear that crap haha,

I will have a loot the strut tips were replaced last year, everything seems perfectly fine just need some brake pads

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
I’ll leave the muffler on don’t wanna hear that crap haha,

I will have a loot the strut tips were replaced last year, everything seems perfectly fine just need some brake pads
If you wanna get under the bonnet, maybe some MACE manifold insulators? and either custom or CAI.