Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2007 VE SV6

clb1997

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey guys! This is my first thread so what better way to start than sharing my pride and joy with you all!
Having bought the car completely stock at the beginning of the year as an upgrade to my first car, I have since been modifying and doing some mad DIYing in the company of my best mate and fellow car enthusiast. So far every modification I have completed I have done in the comfort of my own shed, no professional help whatsoever, just a few trusty youtube videos and the help of my friends!
Please enjoy some pictures and hopefully you guys can take some inspiration!

clb1997

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The car stock, a few bruises here and there on the front and rear bumpers thanks to the previous owner, but nothing that wont be fixed at a later date.
13245986_1337033216311615_2105258190_n.jpg

clb1997

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The car as I bought it - completely stock.
1111.jpg

clb1997

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The car had already come equipped with a Kenwood touch screen head unit, including Bluetooth among all the other bell and whistles - except for navigation which is fine by me seeing as I tend to use my phone when I need to know where I'm going. That being said, the first modification was of course upgrading all of the stock speakers to brand new Kenwood speakers on all four corners. I then paired the speakers with a 900watt Fusion 12" sub which sounds great! I bought a cheap $25 reverse camera off of ebay and installed that in a couple of hours. (It still surprisingly works to this day, not that I use it too often).

clb1997

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The next step was to of course upgrade the exhaust. I opted against a full catback system and instead went for the 2.5'' Redback mufflers with quad 3" chrome tips. The car now looks a lot better and of course sounds a lot more aggressive, with surprisingly little to no noticeable drone! Take a look at the before and after shots.
8888.jpg7777.jpg

clb1997

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The next thing was more so a repair not a modification. When I had bought the car the headlights were extremely oxidised at which point I decided to bring them back to life using some high-grit sandpaper, some clear coat and some polish. They look brand new again!

clb1997

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Next I felt as though I needed to enrich the cars appearance. I then painted the brake callipers yellow with high heat resistant paint (this took the better part of a whole day with all the careful masking that had to be done). To make the brakes stand out I painted the wheels gloss black and I absolutely love how they contrast. Although every one has their own opinion, I think it's unique and also looks a lot less boring than before! Take a look!
4444.jpg 3333.jpg

clb1997

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Having painted the wheels black I decided I much liked the subtle off-sets of black around the car, once again I feel it makes the car look unique and also makes it stand out, which is what modifying a car is about. That being said, my most recent modification, or addition if you like is something that has always intrigued me. Vinyl wrapping! This is something I don't recommend you do without some help or the right tools, however in the end my dad and I managed to wrap my roof gloss black and it looks really good, a few imperfections here and there but nothing anyone would notice without effectively sitting on top of the car.
Here are some pictures, not the best angles but trust me it looks amazing in person!
6666.jpg 5555.jpg

clb1997

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
A few smaller changes:
- The front Holden badge has been painted black (as you can see in the picture above)
- The rear of the car has been debadged (also refer to above picture) I feel this gives the cars backside a much cleaner look!
- I have installed a gloss black shark fin antenna to replace the stock one, I don't really listen to the radio but $6 off ebay you cant go wrong, and it works a treat while once again making the car look cleaner!

clb1997

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
That's as far as I've gotten so far but there will be a lot more changes very soon! These will include:
-Rear lip spoiler
-SSV tail lights
-King springs (looking to lower the car about 50mm)
-Cold air intake
-Oil catch can
-A front splitter
-RevHigh throttle controller
-New brake rotors and pads