Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2008 Ve Sv6 Ute

hyndie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
hey everyone
long time reader, first time poster! could literally sit on this website for hours haha :)
i picked this ute up about 4 months ago from sydney an its the best car ive owned to date :)
i realy just posted my ute to see what others think an our opinions other have :)

Mods
recently added ssv rims
15% tint
debaged lion badge
lowered in rear

Future mods
bee sting antenna
debadge all badges
Exhaust "dual tips"
Sterio
Hopefully coilovers or just a dcent spring/shock package
flush rims i really want that perfect ride height with the guards

let us know what you all think cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,924
  • IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 6,085

hyndie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Looks awesome man. Go black :)

Cheers man! Im trying to decide if I want something abit different than the ssv's though?
It's hard to stand out from the pack with black in some ways but looks to good haha :spot on:

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Haha yeah its not easy to get em looking heaps different. Looks sweet anyway man

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
ute looks the goods mate

what size springs do you have in the rear? does it make your ute sit flat or slightly lower in the back?

as for coilovers vs spring/shock, unless you plan on taking it to the track everyday and have a $3000 budget, a decent spring/shock combo with something like bilstein shocks (roughly $1300 before fitting) will be way better than cheap coilovers. i understand you can adjust ride height with coilovers but a wheel alignment is needed after every adjustment so could become a pain. nothing against coilovers just my personal opinion :)

hyndie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
cheers dannyp :beer chug:

yeah true an i dont personally think if i got coilovers id actually be bothered all the time do lower an raise than have to get wheel alignment.
im thinking about just going down to pedders or king springs an just sussing it out?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice ute mate

Flabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 VE Commodore
I've got ultra low springs all round my ride, with stock shocks, haven't had a problem with them at all, nice firm ride, perfect height and the POPO don't say shiz :)

I like your ute though! I love black holdens!

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
I've got ultra low springs all round my ride, with stock shocks, haven't had a problem with them at all, nice firm ride, perfect height and the POPO don't say shiz :)

you really dont wanna go lower than 'low' springs without upgrading to shortened shocks, basically the stock shocks are out of their usable range and will bottom out alot quicker. the ride safety is then sacrificied and more dangerous. not to mention the standard shocks will wear out alot quicker and need to be replaced anyway so no point pulling things apart twice and paying for 2 wheel alignments when they arent needed.

not having a dig at you mate just letting you know your much better off with shortened shocks :)

hyndie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute

I like your ute though! I love black holdens!

Cheers man I've never owned a black car before, thought I'd give it a go to say I've had a black car haha!
I went into my local workshop today it's right next door to my work!! An he said go ultra lows!! Cause if I put max 20's he said you be sweet no scrub! But I will probably up grade the shocks If I think the ride is **** house!

Cheers everyone for the posts!!