Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My $550 VN Berlina

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Mags are my last thing right now...would rather spend the money on the smaller stuff while I havn't go alot of money...

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Well I havent posted in ages and I thought I may as well keep the thread alive and before its moved to the dreaded 2nd page. Done alot since I got the car on the road. Unfortunately my camera is stuffed so I cant interest you in pictures for now but will post them a.s.a.p. Well this is what has been done:
  • Painted inside wheel arches
  • Painted fuel tank
  • Painted break calipers and hub
  • Installed Pioneer Headunit and random no-name speakers (temporary)

Also Im open to any positive critiscism on the car so please dont hold back :thumbsup: Keep me updated on your thoughts

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Sounds good mate, can't wait to see the pics, then I can give some positive criticism

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Well I havent updated for a long time now, mostly due to not having a camera and much progress worth posting. I did manage however to get a K&N pod filter in the Commodore and now offically have "forshed induckshin". Here are some pics:

55642d1228132117-my-550-vn-berlina-k-n.jpg

55643d1228132117-my-550-vn-berlina-k-n-pod.jpg

Attachments

• K&N.jpg
    K&N.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 256
  • K&N Pod.jpg
    K&N Pod.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 277

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
nice job mate :thumbsup:

-Merry Christmas-

Last edited:

VQ-Assault

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VQII Statesman
chuck up some interior pics. with roadworthies i think the best thing to do is get a consultation- what's wrong with the car for the test from a tester, then having told them you're getting it at someone else go to the next tester, get a second opinion and do it. what would happen is that the tester usually a mechanic would try to screw you over if you just went with them for the consultation and the test. i find that the best thing to do is to go a local mechanic for an older car i.e pre VT because they're bound to have faults somewhere and for a newer car like a VY that's been off the road just go to bridgestone tyres or whatever

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
chuck up some interior pics. with roadworthies i think the best thing to do is get a consultation- what's wrong with the car for the test from a tester, then having told them you're getting it at someone else go to the next tester, get a second opinion and do it. what would happen is that the tester usually a mechanic would try to screw you over if you just went with them for the consultation and the test. i find that the best thing to do is to go a local mechanic for an older car i.e pre VT because they're bound to have faults somewhere and for a newer car like a VY that's been off the road just go to bridgestone tyres or whatever

The car has been on the road awhile now so its all good, thanks mate. Just changed over most of what needed fixing and passed the roadworthy the second time :thumbsup: Most of what needed fixing was actually in definite need of repair. Such as the front shocks. They were absolutely stuffed and now with the new shocks the car drives so much more comfortably. I'll try get some interior pics up as soon as I get a new camera

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Another update

Well as promised I managed to get some pics of some of the things Ive recently had done to the VN. Just painted the pod shield to keep abit more heat out, had the new muffler installed and welded on a new tip to replace the ugly old one. Also another bonus is getting my green P's, which might mean Im not picked on as much by the police :p
56361d1229417044-my-550-vn-berlina-copy-new-tip-behind.jpg

56362d1229417044-my-550-vn-berlina-new-exhaust.jpg

56363d1229417044-my-550-vn-berlina-pod-filter.jpg

56364d1229417044-my-550-vn-berlina-new-tip.jpg

Attachments

• Copy of New tip from behind.jpg
    Copy of New tip from behind.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 511
  • New Exhaust.jpg
    New Exhaust.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 500
  • Pod filter.jpg
    Pod filter.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 501
  • New tip.jpg
    New tip.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 514

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Looking good man, get some pics of the whole car in day light should be looking sweet

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Looking good man, get some pics of the whole car in day light should be looking sweet

Thanks man. I'll try get some pics tomorrow. Not liking how its sitting though. Im desperately wanting to get it sitting lower but I always end up spending the money I save for springs on fixing the car when it breaks down on me. Still not sure on what springs I should get without having to modify too much of the suspension. Any recommendations?