Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 85 VK Calais

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais , 05 VZ HBD Calais
bit of an update got a new exhaust put on and changed all the suspention to new stuff and superlows all round also found out i need my power steering reconditioned/rebuilt which sucks cause i only had that done 2 weeks b4 the car was stolen but anyway dont have pics just yet cause it was only done on tuesday will get some soon.. its seems to be the same hight at the back no idea why as it was all std springs b4 and the front is now just above the tyre so its not hitting the gaurd, the guy that put them in for me said they will prob settle and go down abit more anyone know how long this will take or if it does even happen how much of a drop am i going to expect?

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
got some pics sorry about the quality i only have the camera on my phone
326808_4277773379047_918487040_o.jpg

209290_4277786019363_1523388900_o.jpg

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
Pure "six appeal"

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a pic of the vk at c4c 9 victoria..
I also had my shed burn down completely so ive now lost all the parts ive been saving and collecting for this project, still waiting to see whats happening with insurance,,

d4494f81016dcfc42fa174682d75a436.jpg

Last edited:

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Must say I really like that shot! CLEAN! What the hdt covers cost?

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers man , i think i pay $100 inc postage brand new off ebay

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Hmmmm... I'm off to hussle me a hundred:p

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well its been awhile and I've done a lot to the vk to get it back to where it was after it was stolen Easter last year only thing left is to replace the water pump, a lot of which are small things like interior pieces various motor parts etc. put some major things I've done would be fix the wiring issues ( s**t job when wires start smoking you've done something wrong lol ) brand new electric window motors in all four doors replaced all power steering components and a brand new rack and finally fixed my LOUD starter motor/drive plate issue after ripping through 5 brand new starters I've brought over the past year we found that the new aftermarket drive plate was 2mm to wide and 2mm to big and was missing the locator? piece? that holds it in place to stop the drive plate from moving freely, anyway enough typing for now ill post up more at a later date...

but here's some pics from the past all most a year..

with my old vk (now my dads)

with my bros 5l statesman

on a cruise somewhere in vic lol

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Good on you mate it's looking clean. Not too many VKs around so keep her safe. Forgive my ignorance but I skipped to the last page of this thread without reading everything so this may have been answered but why is there a VL shifter and gear surround?

Cheers
Dean

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers man, yeah I only had that in there for abit was going to spray and trim it to suit my interior cause the vls one looks sleeker and its the calais console so I have the double box in the middle, but atm I currently have my standard vk calais console back in anyway