Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 85 VK Calais

TwoHeads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SSV Ute
That is a great looking car!!

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais , 05 VZ HBD Calais
thanks guys, and Cheers for the pics VKCALAISV8,

was abit of a rush to get it ready towards the end few little things i still gotta do here and there, still alittle anoyed i couldnt get into vip cause thats what i was pushing for all year, only had one problem with the car at c4c and that was probably my fault temp sensor was unpluged somehow on the way home and the car overheated just out from cranbourne, found out the radiator cap wasnt on properly so fixed that then fixed the temp sensor wire yesterday and drove it for 3 hrs last night and seemed fine so im guessing that was it,

im running king spring ssl rears and sl fronts was going to change fronts over with the ones here but itll drop when the new motor goes in anyway

gotta find someone to get me club rego now hopefully thats easy cause 2 regos isnt cheap when i only really drive one car and after this major build it should be %100 roadworthy now

ANYWAY pickies :) lol

C4C 2014

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
before and after of reconditioning my mirrors and black window strips

New tip

Photoshoot with my mates vk ls3, these pics taken with my mobile, camera pics arent ready yet

Pics showing color, color is very hard to capture on camera always comes up different in different lighting

VKCALAISV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1 V6
Cheers on the spring info! It has a great stance with the 19's!

It's come up really well! well done it's a credit to you, you dont see too many P platers spending anytime or $$ on early girls these days!

Your mates Brown VK Calais with the LS3 is pretty impressive also, seen a few pics of it floating around Facebook, I bet your keen to try and keep up once the P's are done and dusted!

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks again guys, I really don't consider myself to be like most other p platers, always disliked cars that are newer then 1990s never seen the purpose in mass stereos never got the hoon bug never felt the need to speed or quest for power lol all ive ever dreamed of since I was a kid was having a car in a magazine and I always wanted it to be a vk maybe one day ill make it there

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also Mirrors arent painted like everyone else seems to do as I dont like the look of gloss mirrors on a vk doesnt look right imo

Heres a before and after again
20141129_170049_zpsa0a8adf4.jpg

20141129_173504_zpsc5ed44dd.jpg

20141129_170053_zps4b23d551.jpg

20141129_173540_zpsbff18a60.jpg

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
the product I uses on the mirrors is a new product from autobarn called "meguires ultimate black" its $10 for a pack of 2 sponges and it already contains the formula in the sponge so you literally just wipe it on, the more coats the better it says but I just did 2 quick coats and it came up mint, couldnt find anything on the net about fixing the mirrors color so I just took a gamble and thought id be the first to try it lol

G15800_UltBlackTrimSPonges_zps59560910.jpg