Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 89 VN - Lots of Pics -

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
If ya willing to spend the money on that sorta stuff such as Iridium IX plugs, go top quality leads too..

Magnacore are an awesome lead. Top Gun are meant to be really good too, but I have the 8mm versions and I wouldnt reccomend them :(

Iridium IX plugs are great, had em in my car for 40,000km's now and still goin well. Meant to last 60,000.

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Got the Ram Pod on ... But haven't custom made a box for it yet ...

Got the leads, ended up still going with Bosch, but they are the Black High Performance leads... Not sure if they are any better, but the were recommended..

Tried to take out the spark plugs, and what a task ... My spark plug tool is useless... So ended up just changing 3 of the leads, and calling it quits for the night as it was getting late ... And I was hungry ...

I was actually surprised because so far, the car feels to be running a little better.. Probably wont get a chance to finish the job until Friday/Weekend.. Which doesn't bother me cause the car is not used that often anyway ..

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Got the pod on, and have chopped away at the air box to try and make it fit.. The K&N filter I got is a little long, and kinda sticks out from the cut box.. Not sure if I could be bothered to keep trying to alter it, or just leave it as it is.. Will try and take a pic of it tonight.

The thing of it is, that you can really here it sucking in air... Even when you are sitting in the car with the windows up ... I have a pod on my other car, and it makes no where near as much noise as this... Is it normal ???

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Here are the updated pics...

K&N Filter: -
2394823_54_full.jpg

2394823_55_full.jpg

Rear shelf with Cerwins hidden behind a shitty brand speaker cover
2394823_46_full.jpg

Sub from distance
2394823_48_full.jpg

New steering wheel
2394823_52_full.jpg

Hidden in the stock pod
2394823_47_full.jpg

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
OK .. It is about time I updated some pics ... Here are all the updated gauges that I just finished putting in ...

2394823_56_full.jpg

2394823_57_full.jpg

2394823_58_full.jpg

Here are the new exterior shots... I have made the door moulds look a little more tidy by re-painting them .. There is only 1 spot that I am not too happy with, but it doesn't show in the photo's .. So I guess it will do me for now... It is 110% better then how it looked, as it was done on the dodgy side by the previous owner...

2394823_60_full.jpg

2394823_61_full.jpg

2394823_63_full.jpg

2394823_64_full.jpg

2394823_69_full.jpg

2394823_66_full.jpg

I think that just about does me for the moment ... :)

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
New park brake leather went on last night ... Was a little on the difficult side to fit.. I guess because the plastic on the car is that old that it has probably warped a fair bit... Makes a huge difference... The other one had more wholes then Swiss Cheese, and was the dark grey .. Have replaced it with the black one... Was a genuine Holden part, which I picked up off ebay for bugger all really ... Might take a pic tonight... Just for shits and giggles... :lol:

I think the next thing will be to try and fix the rear passenger window that doesn't seem to be working at the moment (not sure if it is a wiring thing or a regulator), and remove those ugly spot/fog lights above the number plate ... It is no longer a country car .... :lol:

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
OK ... Well I have been a little busy today, and thought I would post up some pics I just took during day light ...

2394823_75_full.jpg

2394823_72_full.jpg

2394823_77_full.jpg

Now for the best part.. I have not finished putting it all back together, but I kind of raided a car at the wreckers today ... Can you guess what... :lol:

2394823_79_full.jpg

2394823_81_full.jpg

2394823_80_full.jpg

I also got the roof lining, and have put that in, and just need to get the rear lights over the passenger seats... I also grabbed the centre light so I will wire that up, and put in all the door trims either some time this week or next weekend ...

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
that cars coming up nice mate. i have a pod aswell in my vr (which has the same engine) and it makes more noise than the frigin washing machine bouncing across the floor. i think the noise is normal but if anyone knows how to fix it.....