Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 90' VN Berlina

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
She does look pretty clean, i like the look of the 19s... usually they look overhuge on vns!

mods? get a vn boot, the vp one looks queer on it.
dont worry about the chrome mesh :) or the rear mud flaps - unless youre gonna get mudflaps on all 4

The progress pics for the bandpass box would be interesting to see

TheNewKid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
She does look pretty clean, i like the look of the 19s... usually they look overhuge on vns!

mods? get a vn boot, the vp one looks queer on it.
dont worry about the chrome mesh :) or the rear mud flaps - unless youre gonna get mudflaps on all 4

The progress pics for the bandpass box would be interesting to see

my thoughts exactly aswell!

yeah i want the vn boot but i dont wanna have to go get it painted and everything.
chrome mesh is already done and im still thinking wether or not to do all 4 mudflaps.

i will be doing progress photos when i decide exactly on the design for the bandpass box.

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
This thing looks sweet.
I'd lower it a bit more and I reckon your done in the looks department. It'll look awesome. and the VN boot of course but it seems your already keen and onto that :D
If it was me lowering it, I'd fork out the bita cash and get proper springs and shocks instead of old MR Grinder and Oxy haha. If you don't live in a high cop risk area tucking rim in the ass end would look beyond sick!
If you plan on getting a V8 or turbo car on your opens don't fork out too much money into this one. I'd spend the money on making it look sick then don't try and make it go too fast because its addictive you may just not stop until the whole car is rebuilt and is a weapon!! ($10k later still a NA V6 doing the same time as a almost standard 5L haha) if your in love with the body 5L conversion's aren't to dear :D Keep it in mind.
Nice first car anyway mate!

TheNewKid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
This thing looks sweet.
I'd lower it a bit more and I reckon your done in the looks department. It'll look awesome. and the VN boot of course but it seems your already keen and onto that :D
If it was me lowering it, I'd fork out the bita cash and get proper springs and shocks instead of old MR Grinder and Oxy haha. If you don't live in a high cop risk area tucking rim in the ass end would look beyond sick!
If you plan on getting a V8 or turbo car on your opens don't fork out too much money into this one. I'd spend the money on making it look sick then don't try and make it go too fast because its addictive you may just not stop until the whole car is rebuilt and is a weapon!! ($10k later still a NA V6 doing the same time as a almost standard 5L haha) if your in love with the body 5L conversion's aren't to dear :D Keep it in mind.
Nice first car anyway mate!

yeah the boot i want to change but im really not that worried about it honestly, if i can get the garnish i will but im not gonna go outta my way to look for one.
but yeah i wanna lower it probably an inch or so, but cause once i add the wheel arch insert pieces the rear will look low as balls.
yeah i wasnt planning to do engine work for that exact reason, in the coming months/years though if a nice clean looking VL turbo comes up ill probably buy that for my opens and just make it have the ass flick out when boost comes but yeah if its not a VL i problably wont turbo anything else, id rather supercharge it, but im leaning into the VL turbo area anyway

but cheers hey, its good to get advice on this!
also got my license today so i can actually drive it, and i went to go for a drive earlier, and reliesed my dash lights **** themselves.. so another job for the auto leccys when i take it to them!

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
sweet as! sounds like a good plan.
Your dash lights are all of them not working or just a few? It could just be a fuse if they all aren't working (Fuse box for it should be under the panel near your knees on the driver side. just unscrew the 3 little clips [I use my key to unscrew them] and you can check all the fuses and save ya a tiny bit of money.)
If only 1 of the dash lights (e.g. the Fuel gauge side doesn't light up or the Taco/ speedo) then it could just be a blown bulb. Pretty easy to take the instrument cluster out and check em. A lot easier then you would think.
If you need help on knowing how to get to em let me know or even how to check your fuses and what to look for. Otherwise hey that's what auto leccys are for aye!
The wheel inserts will make it amazing when you lower it. I love them, they're my favorite thing about VN/ VP and all the old school statesmans. Wish I had it on my VR!
P.S I love the 2 tone colours with the wheels and that body kit. Looks tough!

Congrats on getting your license also bud! Learners or Provisional??

TheNewKid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
it was the fuse for the parkers tail lights and dash cluster, just got a new one from a servo was easy enough, i checked all the fuses first and didnt notice that one was broken.
but ive got a new dash cluster aswell im thinking i might get them to put in, its just got the white face where mines black and its digital so considering it!
yeah gotta love the square flares, wheel arch inserts what ever you wanna call them!

looks pretty schmick i think aswell haha, but its got the chrome window mouldings on it aswell now, the side mirrors are white, getting new door handles and a bootlip sprayed white aswell!
will upload more photos when ive got them all on.

P1's (red provisional)

but question for anyone, im still looking into getting some gauges, and just below the air con vents and above the stereo, theres that space, opionions on getting either 3 or 4 gauges there?

Attachments

• Gauges1_zps75930f94.jpg
    Gauges1_zps75930f94.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_0585800x600.jpg
    IMG_0585800x600.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 386

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i recon you should do 3, but use the empty space under the head unit. if your dead set on mounting them on the top you should mould them in with some fiberglass and filler then paint it to match. you could even do a gauge pod in the windscreen pillar. saves you from possibly taking your eyes off the road. buy a universal one, graft it into yours and paint to match...

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
Sorta depends on the cop/ City you live in. I live in a smaller town (Rockhampton) in Queensland and cops never ever care about pillar gauges. [They also never mention the height of my clubby that is low enough if I lived in Melbourne i'd get a pineapple shoved up my rear end.] Apparently its illegal due for if you crash you can hit them with your head and they argue it blocks view.. but in my opinion its a stupid law. If I have an accident so violent that my seat belt breaks, and I go through the air bag the last thing I need to be worrying about is a flimsy plastic gauge on the pillar.
They are legal if your car comes standard with them e.g. S15 JDM Silvia's come factory with them.

Man I wouldn't go pillar gauges, mostly just personal preference but Pillar gauges are what little wanna be racecar P plate lancers get around with a massive Tacos with a huge shift light and a massive wing hanging off the boot. Don't get my wrong those Massive Tacos are awesome, for drag cars!

Anywhere in the center space like the pics above or the ones on the other forum you started look way tidier then pillar set ups. Plus they're legal! haha.
Good luck man keep the pics and info coming on what you decide.