Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 93 VP calais

nicola

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 HSV vp + Six
thanks heaps for the help, i ended up getting a rebuild on the tranny coz i couldnt get into 3rd gear :( also getting vn ss cold air, tint , K&N filter i have like 1grand left afta most of that

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Just shield that pod and have CAI to it, then it dont suck in the hot air from the bay.

Ive gotta K&N panel sittin at home doin nothing coz i swapped it out for a shielded pod with CAI.

You could get sum rims with the left over cash, but u would have to get spacers for the rear as calais have different offset so normal commo wheels wont fit as they rub on the inner body (sit in too far). i have 25mm bolt on spacers on the rear of mine, cost $100 each side.

Could also get a GTS letter box grill, im not a fan of the stocko calais ones, even when they are painted

nicola

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 HSV vp + Six
so far ive relplaced the old alternator with a new one
New Oil Filter, 6 new spark plugs, new fuel filter, new front brake pads , machine front discs, new transmission

nicola

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 HSV vp + Six
getting tinted windows off a mate , vr gts rims , 4 new tyres , lowered and then ill think about a color other than that it just needs a water pump gettin that fixd in a few days

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
the rims wont be a straight bolt up on the rear, calais have different rim offset to other commos so the rear wheels rub on the inner body, need a 25mm spacer to bring it back out

Clunt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
where is the difference made in the calais rear offset.. do they have special discs/hub? or a shorter diff?

honestly ive never heard of this and find it a little hard to believe. only difference i know in rear of calais are the wheel spats which could have caused the calais wheels to be a different offset so they don't rub, but i don't see the whole rear end being narrower to cater for this. If the rear was narrower then they wouldn't have needed a different offset wheel, its either one or the other...

just check the offsets if your getting new wheels. match to std and your safe.

Last edited:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
I think they have narrower trailing arm width, but dont hold me to it tho.

It coz they have the first run of IRS, they run a 28p offset other commo are 43p or 48p depending.

I had to get 25mm spacers to fit VT calais 48p rims.

They just sit that lil bit too far in, rub on the inside, noting to do with the spats.

It is narrower on the front too, but it doesnt rub on the strut so its ok

Clunt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
wow.. sounds convincing, i didnt know that, cool..

thanx man.

justincredible

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6 Calais V
spacers are no good for nothin'.....i had to buy a whole new set of rims coz the guys that I bought the first rims from didn't tell me that they don't fit without spacers. After a billion wheel balances and still having shaking steering wheel, I found it was the spacers.
Nicola, if u want cheap stuff to do, try puttin a performance air filter, and change leads. I am on my Ps so I have only been doing small scale stuff like these to keep low key from cops lol.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
ignore what everyone said about the pod, if you have a good enclsoure for it so it ONLY gets cold air (MACE make a good one) its heaps better then a panel filter with OTR, as the OTR has heaps of heatsoak sitting ontop of the rad, i know as ive had both setups and will never go back to a panel filter setup, good luck lemme know if you'd like a link to it too