Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 93 VR

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
Still stock at the moment except for Sony CD & 4x 6" speakers and wheel covers from my sons. Hopefully on the weekend I'll be getting extractors, 2.5" exhaust and a cannon :yeah:

Attachments

• PIC_0001.JPG
    PIC_0001.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 281

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
agreed. Get some nice 16" pursuits, they will look alot better and are quite cheap. Did you say cannon? RICE... each to their own.

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
Can't upset my two boys, but I have plans to put 17" mags on pretty damn soon. Depends how much the extractors cost

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Extractors for my old vr 5 L were 900 hundred new for pacemakers. Yours is a 6 so it will be cheaper.

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
Well I know what RICE is now. But sorry to say the exhaust is just the start. I'm planning on spending a lot of $$$s over the next year or so, and it will be performance. The reason it's still stock is that I only just bought it a week or so ago. I had to have a CD player, and the exhaust is on the way so I'll do it properly (yeah plus a cannon). Other stuff coming soon is brakes (looks like I might be able to get some Brembos), CAI definitely and air filter upgrade. Lowering ... maybe. Body kit ... probably not. Paint ... definitely but I think white will do just nice, and of course tinting. Where is a good place to start do you think?

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Look mate where to start is most definately a personal priority, but you speak to anyone on here and theyll give you a certain 4 or 5 very attainable modifications that will maximise your cars performance without opening her up. Definately Cold Air Intake and Filter will optimise your cars air breathing abilities for pending on your model, relatively little coin. Exhausts can be pricey for Stainless, but can get very reasonable mild steel exhausts for cars such as yours that will do just as a good a job (my vz under warrantly requires Stainless extractors, cats etc as well as a memcal). Tints always good, dark windows cool factor plus reduce suns uv rays on your precious interior. Getting some Brembos on there probably wouldnt be required without some kind of power increase to warrant it but if monies are no worries, hook them up. Id check with members from your area for recommended workshops to install these goodies.

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
Thanks highendrev. CAI is high on the list but my exhaust is about stuffed so if you're going to do a job do it right. Thats what I think anyway. Brembos should cost about $0 I hope so they're more than affordable. I'm not sure what memcal is/does. A quick look is something to do with starting & switching something off? I should really say that I've owned nothing but fords for years (family kids marriage). Kids now older, no marriage ... hey now I got a VR I want to do up!

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Piggy back memcal. Cant actually remap the alloytec 190s running gear, so they place one on top or piggyback her, so you can switch it from performance to economy settings, thats what i can gather from HSV here in Adelaide.