Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My '96 VS Calais SII

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
go ultra in front and bmw super lows rear, makes it sit real nice... ultras in rear hardly even drop it

Benneh69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
please tell me you kept those calais rims , i kinda liked it better on them

Yeah I kept them :) Don't worry I want some other rims when I get some more cash but I'll wait to get it lowered and see what looks best on it ;)

looks nice, i got one in white..id leave it on the calais rims and get them polished man, ss rims dont really suit it..

Hmm I kinda like the look of the SS's, originally wanted VE SSV rims but didn't have the cash so I settled for them for the time being ;( SSV's are on my wishlist still haha. But yeah, I'll wait til I can get it lowered and see what looks best :)

Yeah keep it on the stockies man, super or ultra lows, and it will be baller bro.

then when i get my p's man, let go for a cruze.

Yeah I need to get it lowered so bad :( one of the next things on the to do list lol
And for sure man, when do you go for your P's?

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
If you decide you dont want the rims, ill buy them bro considering your only close.

umm i should have my p's about this time next month, HOPEFULLY

Leigh_G

..forgot the sump bolt
Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 VH SLX, '08 Prado Grande
go ultra in front and bmw super lows rear, makes it sit real nice... ultras in rear hardly even drop it

LOL I read ur post and was like "huh? ultras lower it a fair bit" then took one look at ur sig..

Back on topic, you picked the best Calais of the bunch. VS SIII = win.
Keep ur original calais wheels, they look pimp when you polish em up nice and clean.
I am also very jelly of your sunroof. Give it to me.

Most importantly, good luck with your future mods and hope it treats u well.

Benneh69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Hey guys :D

Haven't had much of a chance to post up what's been going on with the Calais lately, alot of the car stuff I've been doing lately has been involving my mate's bagged minitruck trying to get it to pass blueslip, so I thought It's about time I put up some more pics :)

Basically, all I've done is put VY SS 18's on it (until I can find some better rims/have money for them), installed Clarion head unit + 2x 12" Fusion subs, repainted wiper arms as they were fading, replaced a few bits here and there for example the indicator stalk and some globes, and lowered it on King Ultralows with Monroe shocks all round.

Here's some pics of the car now:

Clarion touchscreen single DIN head unit:
P1010134-1.jpg

After lowering:
P1010138-1.jpg

P1010136-1.jpg

P1010123-1.jpg

P1010128-1.jpg

What do you guys think?

Didn't get any pics of the sub because the install is nothing special, it's literally just a box with 2x 12" Fusion Reactor subs sitting in the middle of the boot, amp was screwed into the back of the seat on the right hand side at the back of the boot.

I also have progress pics of the suspension going in but didn't want to flood the thread with pics :)

Anyway, give your opinions on what else I should do to this thing! :)

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
What's the Clarion Headunit model number?

Benneh69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
BEAUTIFUL.

Mate.

:D

Thanks man :) appreciate it! You've got the exhaust tips I want :(

What's the Clarion Headunit model number?

It's a VZ409A, from memory, picked it up second hand off a mate for cheap, still in almost new condition though, he looked after it :)

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Looking great still champ! Keep up the awesome work!