Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My '99 Clubsport

5SPDV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport
So have a slight issue with the Clubsport, not really the cars fault, but it is missing the very important red master tag for the HSV immobilizer. This means I can not program any more keys or tags, and as the current key is not programmed I have to open the glove box and disarm immobilizer every time I want to start the car. This is not ideal, so have talked to the dealer and trying to sort something out.

5SPDV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport
Dealer has agreed to sort out immobilizer which is good, once that's done and I've sold one of my falcons I will start making a few changes to the car. Which other wheels will fit on at VT? Cause I would quite like bigger HSV wheels from a vx vy or vz, just not sure what fits

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Dealer has agreed to sort out immobilizer which is good, once that's done and I've sold one of my falcons I will start making a few changes to the car. Which other wheels will fit on at VT? Cause I would quite like bigger HSV wheels from a vx vy or vz, just not sure what fits

it'll depend on the brakes fitted, stock brakes would mean pretty much anything from VT-VZ will fit.

I'm an HSV purist though, I'd be using the original wheels. Being that you have a bit of a mashup already then anything goes I guess.

5SPDV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport
Been doing plenty on the Clubsport to keep me busy since the last update. Have changed engine oil and filter, gearbox oil and bled clutch fluid as well as eplacing alternator belt. Also checked diff oil, coolant, brake fluid, powersteering and spark plugs but they were all good. Had the car on the hoist so gave the underside a thorough spray with degreaser and then waterblasted it down and got it very clean, then after giving it several days to really dry out I put underbody coating on.

After underbody coating was put on I got 3 inch exhaust, car allready had headers so it is now sounding great!

I also then bought a new head unit for the car, similar to what I had in my last EL Falcon, but this one is a higher spec head unit with bluetooth.

And last weekend gave the car a very good wash and clay, then cut the paint and finished it off with some Mothers wax

5SPDV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport
Amazing what a good clean, clay bar, cut and polish/wax will do. That body shape still looks good in 2015..Nice work.

Yeah came out pretty good after a bit of elbow grease, front bumper is pretty stone chipped but the rest of the paint is in excellent condition

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Great looking clubby.
the VX kit is pretty nice, and agresive but so too is the VT original one.
I've got some HSV 18's VX era you might be interested in. i'll send you a PM.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nice looking car.

Interesting that it has been fitted with a single exhaust system, it would have had a full twin system from the factory. Someone did the same with mine. It sounds good but a single 2.5" system is just to small :(

5SPDV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport
Yeah this had coby mufflers on it but it sounds a lot better now with 3 inch and flowmaster mufflers. Did these have headers on stock?