Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my auto wont change gear

HuskeyVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
NONE
too easy, i'll get onto that tomorrow.
thanks guys

brend94vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore executitve, manual vn executive
my atf is black what does that mean? and same thing is happening to me gotta use the pedal lighty or it will go up to 4000rpm goin off the lights

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
my atf is black what does that mean? and same thing is happening to me gotta use the pedal lighty or it will go up to 4000rpm goin off the lights

It probably means your transmission is about to fail....which means you will be sitting on the side of the road. To avoid this, you need to decide if you are just going to drive it till it dies, or drain and flush the atf with a new filter and a can of trans no slip and hope that this will delay the day it dies or finally, go to a trans shop and get their advice, which will be that you need a reco trans...$2000 or thereabouts.
The more you drive it the worse it will get as the slipping overheats the oil which then degrades the oil etc.....
Mine failed 1500km from home, and it wasn't a pleasant experience.
Good Luck.

adept

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Executive & 99 VT XU8
firstly, check/replace your CAS (crank angle sensor) / TPS (throttle body positioning sensor).

following that, suss out your auto fluid levels/condition (if its any color but cherry red - your autos probably toast) and if needbe be prepared consult a pro.